China Shenhua selects INEOS Technologies’ Innovene PP process for their new project in Yulin, China
INEOS Technologies has licensed the Innovene PP process to China Shenhua, Coal to Liquid and Chemical, Beijing Engineering Company, for the manufacture of polypropylene resins including homopolymers, random copolymers and impact copolymers. The 300kta plant, located in Yulin City, Shaanxi province, will serve the rapidly growing Chinese PP market.
China Shenhua is a major coal chemical producer in China. They were the first company to commercialize the MTO (Methanol to Olefins) process. This Innovene PP plant will be part of their 2nd MTO complex.
Peter Williams, CEO of INEOS Technologies, commented: "INEOS is very proud to be selected for this project in the growing Chinese coal chemical industry. We appreciate the very good relationship developed with China Shenhua Group and we look forward to further cooperation with China Shenhua as they expand their business in the coal chemical industry.”
For further information please contact:
Pete Grant, INEOS Technologies
Phone: + 41 (0) 21 627 7085
Notes to editors:
Yulin is located approx. 800km West of Beijing.
INEOS Technologies signed 2,030kte capacity to the following licensees in China in 2011:
- 80kte PP expansion with BYPC
- 350kte PP with Zhong Tian He Chuang Energy Company Ltd
- 300kte PP with Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum Yanan Energy and Chemical Company Limited
- 300kte PP with Ningxia Baofeng Energy Group
- 200kte with Sinopec Maoming Company
- 400kte VCM and 300kte s-PVC with Qingdao Haijing Chemical (Group) Co. Ltd
- 100kte Bi-Chlor chlorine technology with Shandong Xinlong
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments.
INEOS Technologies' complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:
- Innovene PP - gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene S - slurry technology for the production of mono and bi-modal HDPE
- Innovene G -swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE
- BICHLOR - membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls - technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles - technology for the production of Acrylonitrile and Maleic Anhydride