INEOS wins LL/HDPE Technology Licence contract in India
INEOS Technologies has reached agreement with Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL) to license the Innovene™ G process for the manufacture of polyethylene in a plant to be built at Lepetkata, District Dibrugarh, Assam in north east India.
The plant will have a production capacity of 220,000 tonnes per annum in a single gas phase reactor. It will be capable of manufacturing a wide range of LLDPE and HDPE grades suitable for use in a variety of downstream film, rotomoulding, extrusion, raffia and injection moulding applications. It will form part of the Assam Gas Cracker Project, a grass roots integrated petrochemical complex being set up by BCPL. Process design of the plant is well underway.
Peter Williams, CEO of INEOS Technologies commented: “We are delighted that Innovene™ G technology has been chosen for this new plant. As part of the Assam Gas Cracker Project it will make a major contribution to the growth of the local polymer industry and to the development of India’s north east region.”
For further information please contact:
Craig Welsh, INEOS Technologies Press Office
Phone: + 44 (0) 1928 511528
Notes to editors:
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments.
INEOS Technologies’ complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:
- Innovene™ PP – gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene™ S – slurry technology for the production of mono and bi-modal HDPE
- Innovene™ G –swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE
- Polystyrene – general purpose, high impact and expandable PS technologies
- BICHLOR™ – membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls – technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles – technology for the production of acrylonitrile and maleic anhydride