ONGC Petro additions Limited of India selects INEOS Technologies as licensor for over 1 million tones of polyolefins capacity
INEOS Technologies is pleased to announce that it has licensed its ‘Innovene PP Process’ for the manufacture of polypropylene homopolymers, random and impact copolymers and the ‘Innovene G Process’ for the manufacture of linear low density and high density polyethylene to ONGC Petro additions Limited (OPaL).
The 340 KTA Innovene PP plant and the two 360 KTA Innovene G plants will serve the growing demand inside and outside India for household and industrial plastic products. The plants will be located in Dahej Special Economic Zone of Petroleum, Chemical and Petrochemical Investment Region (PCPIR) in the State of Gujarat, India. Start up is targeted for December, 2012.
Peter Williams, CEO of INEOS Technologies, commented: "We are proud that INEOS’ technology platforms have been selected by OPaL. Our Innovene PP and G processes are ideally suited to meet the product and economic performance demanded by the rapidly growing Indian markets. We look forward to working with OPaL to deliver a state of the art polyolefins facility by the end of 2012”
“The selection of INEOS Technologies for these plants was the result of an exhaustive examination of competing technologies. OPaL is confident that this process selection will provide us with products to serve customers both in domestic and global markets,” said OPaL CEO P. K. Johri
For further information please contact:
Peter Grant, INEOS Technologies
Phone: + 44 (0) 2380 287023
Notes to Editors:
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments.
INEOS Technologies’ complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:
- Innovene™ PP – gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene™ S – slurry technology for the production of mono and bi-modal HDPE
- Innovene™ G –swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE
- Polystyrene – general purpose, high impact and expandable PS technologies
- BICHLOR™ – membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls – technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles – technology for the production of Acrylonitrile and Maleic Anhydride