Sinopec selects INEOS Technologies' Innovene™ PP process for Maoming, China
Sinopec selects INEOS Technologies' Innovene™ PP process for Sinopec Maoming Company's new project in Guangdong, China
INEOS Technologies has today announced that it has licensed its Innovene™ PP process to the Sinopec Maoming Company, through Sinopec’s international business window - Sinopec International Co. Ltd, for the manufacture of polypropylene homopolymers, random copolymers and impact copolymers. The 200 KTA plant, to be located in Maoming City, Guangdong Province, will serve the South China markets, including the Pearl River delta region. It is the fourth PP license signed by INEOS Technologies in China this year.
Sinopec is the largest polypropylene producer in China and produces a range of premium and specialty products using the Innovene™ PP platform. The Maoming PP plant, due to start up in 2013, will bring Sinopec's total capacity based on INEOS Technologies Innovene process to 1.2 million tons of polypropylene.
Peter Williams, CEO of INEOS Technologies, commented: "We are delighted that Sinopec has selected INEOS as their partner for their Maoming polypropylene project, and look forward to working with Sinopec to ensure the success of the new facility. The repeat business from a customer with the stature of Sinopec is a testimonial to the overall excellence of the technology and the support INEOS Technologies provides to its licensees. INEOS has now licensed approximately 1.7 million tons of capacity in China in 2011."
For further information please contact:
Pete Grant, INEOS Technologies
Phone: + 41 (0) 21 627 7085
Notes to editors:
Maoming City in Guangdong Province is approximately 1,500km South West of Shanghai.
INEOS Technologies have signed 1,680kte capacity to the following licensees in China to date in 2011:
- 80kte PP expansion with BYPC
- 300kte PP with Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum Yanan Energy and Chemical Company Limited
- 300kte PP with Ningxia Baofeng Energy Group
- 200kte with Sinopec Maoming Company
- 400kte VCM and 300kte s-PVC with Qingdao Haijing Chemical (Group) Co. Ltd
- 100kte Bi-Chlor chlorine technology with Shandong Xinlong
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments.
INEOS Technologies' complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:
- Innovene™PP - gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene™ G -swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE
- BICHLOR™ - membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls - technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles - technology for the production of Acrylonitrile and Maleic Anhydride