Vung Ro Petroleum Limited has selected INEOS Technologies’ Innovene PP process for its new 900kte polypropylene project in Hoa Tam Commune, Vietnam
INEOS Technologies is pleased to announce that it has licensed its Innovene PP process for the manufacture of homopolymers, random copolymers and impact copolymers to Vung Ro Petroleum Limited at its refinery complex located in Hoa Tam Commune, Dong Hoa District of Phu Yen Province, Vietnam.
The 900 KTA Innovene PP plant will produce a wide range of polypropylene grades to serve the growing demand in the Asian market.
Peter Williams, CEO of INEOS Technologies, commented: "INEOS Technologies is proud to have been selected by Vung Ro Petroleum as its technology partner for the development of its polypropylene business. Vung Ro’s refinery project will contribute to the continuing growth of the economy of Vietnam and neighbouring countries.”
Mr Kirill Korolev, CEO Vung Ro Petroleum Limited, stated: "We are pleased to have selected INEOS Technologies' Innovene PP process as an integral part of our refinery project. The Innovene PP process will provide Vung Ro Petroleum with an advanced polypropylene process with advantaged economics and broad product reach."
For further information please contact
Pete Grant, INEOS Technologies
Telephone + 41 (0) 21 627 7085
Notes to Editors
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments.
INEOS Technologies' complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:
- Innovene PP - gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene S - slurry technology for the production of mono and bi-modal HDPE
- Innovene G -swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE
- BICHLOR - membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls - technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles - technology for the production of Acrylonitrile and Maleic Anhydride
- Polystyrene – general purpose, high impact and expandable PS technologies