Zhong Tian He Chuang Energy Company Limited, a Joint Venture between Sinopec and China Coal Group, selects INEOS Technologies’ Innovene PP process for their new project in Ordos, China
INEOS Technologies is pleased to announce that it has licensed its Innovene PP process to Zhong Tian He Chuang Energy Company Limited. Located in Ordos City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the 350kta plant will manufacture a full line of polypropylene resins, including homopolymers, random copolymers, and impact copolymers,.and will serve the rapidly growing Chinese PP markets.
Zhong Tian He Chuang is a joint venture between China’s largest petrochemical company-Sinopec, and China’s largest coal company-China Coal Energy Group Co.,Ltd. The final selection of Innovene PP in their Methanol -To- Olefin complex demonstrates a growing appreciation for Innovene PP in the Chinese coal industry.
Peter Williams, CEO of INEOS Technologies, commented: "INEOS is very proud to be selected as partner for this project in the growing Chinese coal chemical industry. INEOS licensed over 2 million tons of petrochemical capacity in China during 2011 and looks forward to participating further in the growth of the Chinese petrochemical industry.”
For further information please contact:
Pete Grant, INEOS Technologies
Phone: + 41 (0) 21 627 7085
Notes to editors:
Ordos is located approx. 700km West of Beijing.
INEOS Technologies have signed 2,030kte capacity to the following licensees in China to date in 2011:
- 80kte PP expansion with BYPC
- 350kte PP with Zhong Tian He Chuang Energy Company Ltd
- 300kte PP with Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum Yanan Energy and Chemical Company Limited
- 300kte PP with Ningxia Baofeng Energy Group
- 200kte with Sinopec Maoming Company
- 400kte VCM and 300kte s-PVC with Qingdao Haijing Chemical (Group) Co. Ltd
- 100kte Bi-Chlor chlorine technology with Shandong Xinlong
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments.
INEOS Technologies' complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:
- Innovene PP - gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene S - slurry technology for the production of mono and bi-modal HDPE
- Innovene G -swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE
- BICHLOR - membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls - technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles - technology for the production of Acrylonitrile and Maleic Anhydride