The INEOS Baleycourt production facility is located in France, 8kms west of Verdun in the Meuse department of Lorraine. Its location is in the heart of an agricultural region specialising in the cultivation of rapeseed. More than 750 000 tonnes of various products are transported in and out of the site each year.
The site has received ISO 9001 (Quality Management), 14001 (Environmental Management) and 50001 (Energy Management) certifications as well others relevant to specific products or activities, for example Kosher Certification.
The main production activities at the site are:
- crushing of rapeseed, and the refining of the vegetable oil for the food market
- esterification of vegetable oil into biodiesel and RSME
- manufacturing esters and oleochems from various alcohols and acids
- chlorination of paraffins
The site also has the following capabilities:
- a pilot plant for esters
- a fully equipped lab for QA and development
- bulk handling facilities for road and rail logistics
- a packaging operation for drums and IBCs
- own steam production, plus various utilities (electricity, gas, nitrogen, oxygen, water)
- quality and certification services
- operations and maintenance services
- emergency, security and medical services
- office accommodation
- 5 hectares of available land within the sites 25 hectares
whilst in the local vicinity, the plant is near major populations (Verdun >25,000, Metz >120,000) and near the main autoroute between Paris and Strasbourg.
INEOS Baleycourt is also an actor for the development of bio sourced materials and as such participates in the French Industry and Agro-resource Cluster ( www.iar-pole.com )
The following video provides an insight into the activities at the site, and there is a dedicated website for INEOS Champlor: