Indopol® Polybutenes | THERMOPLASTIC POLYMER MODIFICATION
Indopol polybutenes can plasticize and modify many physical properties of thermoplastic polymers. Examples include: polypropylene, high impact polystyrene, polyethylene, acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene, and thermoplastic polyolefins and elastomers. Thermoplastics modified with Indopol polybutenes provide improved performance in many diverse applications like consumer products, automotive, appliance and business machines. Indopol polybutenes also meet the composition requirements of Title 21 of the code of Federal Regulations of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other applicable regulations which allows for use in food packaging products.
BENEFITS OF THERMOPLASTIC POLYMERS MODIFIED WITH INDOPOL POLYBUTENE
- Significantly improves both room temperature and low temperature Izod impact strength.
- Maintain or increase melt flow rate (MFR).
- No significant effect on heat deflection temperature (HDT).
Thermoplastic Polyolefin Elastomers (TPO)
- Flexibilize and soften the product.
- Increase the low temperature impact strength.
- Improve the melt flow rate.
Polypropylene (PP) Films
- Reduces secant modulus to increase flexibility.
- Haze reduced, Gloss and Clarity increased.
- Tear strength improved.
Elastomer Modified PP Films/TPE
- Softer, more flexible films.
- Secant modulus reduced.
- Increased tear strength.
Polyphenylene Ether (PPE) / High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) Alloys
- Increase in Izod impact strength.
- Increase in melt flow rate (MFR).
- Improve environmental stress crack resistance (ESCR).
For additional information on Indopol polybutenes or to request samples, email us at email@example.com