Stretch / Cling Film
Indopol® Polybutenes | Tackified Polyethylene Stretch / Cling Film
Indopol polybutenes are ideally suited as tackifiers and cling agents for linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) blown and cast films. Polybutenes can be employed in the production of LLDPE/polybutene masterbatches or more typically added directly to the LLDPE during the film extrusion process. The major areas of application for tackified LLDPE film are bale silage wrap, pallet stretch wrap, and hand/domestic food cling wrap. Films tackified with Indopol polybutene exhibit good clarity, durability and cling properties.
- Good inherent permanent tackiness.
- FDA and EU 10/2011 approvals for intended food contact.
- Hydrophobic, non-drying, stable to UV light, heat and air.
- Good moisture and air barrier properties of film interlayer.
- Colorless (water-white), non-staining.
- Can be added by direct addition or masterbatch for handling ease.
- Choice of various viscosity grades to obtain desired cling properties.
ADVANTAGES - as compared to Polyolefin Elastomers (POE)
- Contributes excellent tack and re-tack to the film. Superior lap and peel cling properties.
- Provides an air tight seal to preserve forage value in silage bale wraps.
- Enhanced mechanical properties (puncture and tear resistance).
- Improved optical properties (gloss, haze).
- Outstanding processing aid resulting in lower melt pressure and reduced energy consumption.
APPLICATION MARKETS - Blown / Cast Stretch Cling
- Silage/haylage bale wrap.
- Pallet stretch wrap.
- Stretch wrap film.
- Domestic/hand food wrap.
"Cling Properties: an insight into the performance of blown stretch films."
For additional information on Indopol polybutenes or to request samples, email us at email@example.com
Note: Technical information contained herein is furnished without charge or obligation, and is given and accepted at recipient's sole risk. Because conditions of use may vary and are beyond our control, INEOS makes no representation about, and is not responsible or liable for the accuracy or reliability of data, nor for toxicological effects or Industrial Hygiene requirements associated with particular uses of any product described herein. Nothing contained in this document shall be considered a recommendation for any use that may infringe patent rights, or an endorsement of any particular material, equipment, service, or other item not supplied by INEOS. The “Properties” and “Applications” listed in this document are not specifications. They are provided as information only and in no way modify, amend, enlarge, or create any specification or warranty, and ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXCLUDED. (06/2016)
The name INEOS is a trademark of INEOS Capital Limited.