Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Safety Engineer is to ensure that Project One meets National International and INEOS standards and a deliver safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
The role will contribute in the SHE discipline within Project One and provide functional support and guidance to the project managers and process safety engineers, including hand over and integration of activities with the site safety and SHE team that will work to ensure safety during operation.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- Support the HSSE Manager to develop a clear and concise set of SHE standards which meet INEOS, National and International standards.
- Support the layout of the site relating to safe operability and accessibility.
- Work closely with the Process Engineers and Process Safety Engineers and advise them about SHE issues during design.
- Participate in the SHE reviews of all design, processes and procedures etc….
- Provide INEOS Project One Process Engineers and Process Safety Engineering input into tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with the INEOS Code of Conduct and HSSE standards.
- Manage the relevant interface(s) with INEOS stakeholders, ensuring the operations function is well-prepared for eventual project ownership, including the timely handover of the agreed SHE deliverables to support training, operations and maintenance procedure development, Maintenance Management System population, etc.
- Working closely with the Operations Managers and advise them about SHE issues.
Specific Role Requirements:
- Degree qualified and chartered or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline;
- Several years’ experience in Chemical, Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting;
- Level 1 Safety Advisor as per Belgian Legislation;
- Good knowledge of the national laws, European guidelines and international SHE standards;
- Sound knowledge of key discipline areas including:
- HAZOP, QRA and LOPA;
- Process Safety Consequence Analysis;
- Machine Safety.
- Fluent Dutch and good English communication skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong planning and organizing ability;
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented;
- Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
- Willing and flexibility to travel.