Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Welding Engineer is to ensure that the piping and equipment installed on Project One meets National, International and INEOS standards and a deliver safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- Coordinate engineering tasks in support of the integrated project management team, e.g. review and verify the project specific engineering specifications like Welding, inspection and testing, Material selection and Piping standards;
- Applies material knowledge to develop the pipe class index and maintain the piping specifications;
- Act as main focal point for the nominated Third party Inspection company and NOBO activities;
- Review contractors procedures and documentation (ITP’s, NDT reporting, CE approval strategy);
- Execute Suppliers Quality Surveillance and perform inspections in supplier workshops and/or on site of different equipment to ensure welding and material quality is within owner’s specification.
Pre-Feed Study Role:
- Support the Project One Program Engineering manager to develop a clear and consistent set of Welding, Piping and Material standards which meet Ineos, National and International standards.
- Own the welding, piping and material engineering elements of the Project One Standards and approve Deviations and Wavers to the standards throughout the project.
FEED Study Role:
- To support the Project One Program Engineering Manager in the performance of his/her duties, deputising as required.
- Work closely with the Project Engineers to ensure that all welding, piping and material engineering issues are properly resolved in a timely manner, that design changes are managed correctly, and that the facilities comply with all Project one and statutory requirements and Stakeholder expectations.
- Monitor all Engineering design and procurement work performed by the FEED Contractors and other third party designers/vendors, providing oversight and guidance, ensuring that all work satisfies Project One specifications and standards.
- Ensure detailed review of all FEED Contractors’ and vendor systems, processes and procedures, including PEPs, Quality Plans, etc. for aspects.
- Provide Ineos Project One Engineering input into the preparation, review and approval of Procurement procedures, the Project Supplier List, contractor/vendor pre-qualification, Purchase Requisitions, Invitations to Tender, etc.
- Provide Ineos Project One Engineering input into tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with the Ineos Code of Conduct.
- Lead audits related to the discipline of the FEED contractors and support audits from outside parties.
- Ensure the facilities are designed, built and commissioned in compliance with all relevant statutory and Project One regulations.
- Support the EPC Contractor and vendors to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for equipment, packages and bulk material supply, auditing vendor compliance as required.
- Support the EPC Contractor to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for fabrication and construction, auditing contractor compliance as required.
- Monitor vendor performance on all Engineering matters, ensuring shop technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner, visiting vendor shops as appropriate.
- Support the QA Manager in resolving Engineering non-conformances, concession requests, etc.
- Liaise closely with the EPC Contractor personnel at the Module Fabrication Yard(s) and Construction Site on all Engineering matters, ensuring yard/field technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner.
- Work with the project engineer to ensure that all module fabrication and construction work, system Completions and Handover, punch-listing, ensuring that all work satisfies Project One specifications and standards.
- Support pre-commissioning and commissioning, etc. as required.
- Manage the relevant interface(s) with Ineos stakeholders, ensuring the operations function is well-prepared for eventual project ownership, including the timely handover of the agreed Engineering deliverables to support training, operations and maintenance procedure development, Maintenance Management System population, etc.
- Master Degree qualified International Welding Engineer (IWE);
- More than 15 years of experience in the field of welding, piping, mechanical and materials engineering or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of International and European engineering standards and welding codes, especially ASME, ISO and EN standards and the European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED);
- Experience in inspection and fabrication process of piping and pressure vessel and the process of materials selection;
- Very familiar with the associated NDT technology and acceptance criteria.
- Excellent team player;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong planning and organizing ability;
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented;
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds;
- Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo;
- Good understanding of business drivers and ability to align design philosophies;
- Broad estimating skills and practical understanding of costs (capital, operating, life cycle);
- Willing and flexibility to travel;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
Véronique De Schryver
HR Advisor Project One