and job purpose
The Construction Manager, who reports to the Engineering Manager of the Lillo Site, has to realize projects (from detailed design to start up), within the agreed timing, quality and costs and in respect of the applicable legal requirements, standards and existing procedures and managing the in-house construction standards.
The jobholder ensures
- the safe execution of the works in accordance with the INEOS principles and the 7 lifesaving rules.
- that all required third party inspections are successfully executed and related conformity certificates are available prior to start up.
- that projects are adapted to fulfil the requirements of the customer.
- that all legal regulations are followed during the execution of the works on site..
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Assists Engineering Manager (or Project Engineer) in the preparation of the construction part of the project plan and procedures.
- Determines the ways of construction in co-ordination with Engineering & Maintenance.
- Assists engineering design to ensure optimum constructability.
- Organizes a safety meeting with all supervisors, contractors, production and safety engineer.
- Ensures regular safety meetings are held with contractors.
- Ensures that the construction is carried out in accordance with specifications, drawings and standards required.
- Solves all special construction problems in coordination with Project Engineer.
- Participates in the Pre-start-up HSE review and follows up all actions listed in the Punch List.
- Controls construction costs, reports all deviations and takes initiatives to correct them.
- Checks the work of contractors and evaluates their performance as part of selection procedures.
- Has all testing and cleaning done prior to Mechanical Completion.
- Executes the approved Project Changes
- Provides Inspection services, and proper storage of materials
- Gives feedback to Engineering of all construction work and keeps Project Engineer informed of any conditions that may affect the project.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor in engineering and minimum 15 years of experience in a leading construction management position
- Good understanding of business principles
- In depth knowledge of construction management
- All-round technical expert
- Knowledge of legal requirements with regards to conformity of execution
- Inspiring leader who can motivate people with different expectations to work towards common goals
- Result and business oriented, set priorities, decision taker
- Excellent communication skills
- Being a role model for core values such as integrity, honesty and HSE
- Able to motivate contractors
- Work independently and accurately
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org