Sodium Metabisulfite (sodium bisulfite anhydrous, sodium pyrosulfite) is a white inorganic crystalline compound.
Sodium Metabisulfite (sodium bisulfite anhydrous, sodium pyrosulfite) is a white inorganic crystalline compound with the chemical formula Na2S2O5.
Sodium metabisulfite is an inorganic compound used as an antioxidant, a preservative in food, or for dichlorination in a broad range of industrial applications.
INEOS Calabrian is the only local manufacturer of sodium metabisulfite in North America. Three things set INEOS Calabrian’s sodium metabisulfite apart: exceptional quality, high consistency and a low environmental footprint.
- - Cyanide Destruction Leaching- Mining, Gold and Cobalt
- - Dechlorination in municipal wastewater, pulp & paper, power, and textile water treatment plants
- - Disinfectant
- - Water treatment in leather tanning process
- - Oxygen scavenger
- - Cherry brining process
- - Gold mining industry
- - Preservative in photo developer solutions
- - Antioxidant
- - Used in production of cleaning agents, detergents, and soaps
|Sodium Metabisulfite, wt%||98.7% min.|
|Assay as SO2||66.5 min.|
|Insolubles, wt%||≤ 0.005|
|Chloride, wt%||≤ 0.05|
|Thiosulfate, wt%||≤ 0.05|
|Arsenic, ppm||≤ 1.0|
|Heavy metals, ppm||≤ 10.0|
|Iron as (Fe), ppm||≤ 2.0|
|Selenium, ppm||≤ 5.0|
|Lead as (Pb), ppm||≤ 2.0|
Product meets FCC, ACS, and/or USP standards. Also Kosher and NSF certified.
Ranging from 50lb bags and 3,000lb super sack.