The Construction Supervisor, who reports to the Construction Manager of the Lillo Site, oversees the construction activities, is heavily involved in work preparations, planning, organizing and controlling projects and is responsible for supervising the contractors and staff while maintaining a safe work environment.
Context and dimensions of the job
The jobholder ensures that:
• the latest HSE requirements are followed and that the construction phase of projects happens in close contact with internal customers: plant representatives, procurement, maintenance, HSE department and Engineering department.
• the coordination between the different contractor companies and engineering company is assured to deliver the projects within the proposed timing.
• the availability of the installations (TAR’s, production planning etc.) are determined and agreed upon in order to be able to implement projects.
• third party inspection organizations are required in order to assure the quality in relation to the local regulations and laws applicable.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Makes sure that the projects are constructed taking into account the latest HSE standards in close consultation with HSE department, the internal customer and the project engineer.
• Maintains a safe, secure and healthy work environment.
• Prepares and issues (in close cooperation with operations) the work permits including start work meetings.
• Allocates resources, materials, sub-contractors and other staff on a daily basis (e.g. scaffolding, mobile crane and fire guard needs).
• Monitors performance of sub-contractors and staff on a daily basis (proactive quality assurance).
• Witness hydrostatic pressure tests, pneumatic pressure tests, loop tests and other tests which should be witnessed on the basis of the quality control plan.
• Executes punching prior to mechanical completion.
• Ensures the execution of projects within agreed timing, budget and quality standards.
• Assists during the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities of projects.
• Tracks the execution of HSE requirements from HAZOP’s, punch lists etc.
Skills and knowledge required
• Bachelor degree or equal by experience.
• Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in general construction
• Experience in supervising construction projects
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents
• Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards
• Perfect knowledge of Dutch, good knowledge of English
• The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
• A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
• Excellent communications skills
• Is a good team player and has the ability to motivate contractors
• Is able to let people with different background and disciplines work together
• Can work independently and accurately
• Can manage different tasks / projects at the same time
• Actively participates in achieving the HSE objectives
A challenging job in a stimulating and technically advanced environment, a motivating remuneration package and the opportunity for further development in a company that is in its sector to the world's top.
Interested ? Please let us know quickly.
Sent a letter of motivation and a C.V. to Christine Goris, HR Manager, Scheldelaan 482 – haven 647, 2040 Lillo-Antwerpen, e-mail: email@example.com