Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The Cost Estimator will participate in the development of the cost estimates to control the cost of the overall investment program.
The Cost Estimator will be given the full change to grow to a next level as senior estimator.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- Prepare accurate and timely cost estimates.
- Preparation of analysis and basis of estimate.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the estimating tools.
- Handover of final cost estimate to cost management.
- Inform and discuss scope, progress with the Senior Lead Cost Estimator.
- Report estimating issues on scope and tools.
- Ensure quality of estimate effort. estimating performance.
- Discuss completeness of scope, change status and risks with the Project Managers.
- Discuss scope with the various discipline leads.
- A Bachelor degree in a technical discipline;
- A minimum of five year experience in a process industry production and/or engineering environment;
- Experience with large (>$100MM) capital projects is a pro;
- Working knowledge of estimating practices;
- This job will require travel to the PMC’s office for work with the owner Team and the PMC.
- Good understanding of chemical engineering and chemical plant operations and project engineering;
- Good estimating skills: estimate classification / type, scope development, risk analysis;
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases, knowledge on ACCE is a pro;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
HR contact: recruitment.ProjectOne@ineos.com