Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Mechanical Engineer is to ensure that the mechanical equipment installed on Project One meets National International and INEOS standards and a deliver safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
The Mechanical Engineer will support the Mechanical discipline within Project One and provide functional support to the project Mechanical engineers.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
Pre-FEED Study Role:
- Support the Mechanical Engineering manager to develop a clear and consise set of Mechanical engineering standards which meet Ineos, National and International standards.
FEED Study Role:
- To support the Project One Program Engineering Manager in the performance of his/her duties, deputising as required.
- Work closely with the Project Mechanical Engineers to ensure that all Mechanical Engineering issues are properly resolved in a timely manner, that design changes are managed correctly, and that the facilities comply with all Project one and statutory requirements and Stakeholder expectations.
- Monitor all Mechanical Engineering design and procurement work performed by the FEED Contractors and other third party designers/vendors, providing oversight and guidance, ensuring that all work satisfies Project One specifications and standards.
- Ensure detailed review of all FEED Contractors’ and vendor systems, processes and procedures, including PEPs, Quality Plans, etc. for Mechanical aspects.
- Provide Ineos Project One Mechanical Engineering input into the preparation, review and approval of Procurement procedures, the Project Supplier List, contractor/vendor pre-qualification, Purchase Requisitions, Invitations to Tender, etc.
- Provide Ineos Project One Mechanical Engineering input into tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with the Ineos Code of Conduct.
- Lead audits related to the Mechanical discipline of the FEED contractors and support audits from outside parties.
- Ensure the facilities are designed, built and commissioned in compliance with all relevant statutory and Project One regulations.
- Support the EPC Contractor and vendors to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for equipment, packages and bulk material supply, auditing vendor compliance as required.
- Support the EPC Contractor to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for fabrication and construction, auditing contractor compliance as required.
- Monitor vendor performance on all Mechanical Engineering matters, ensuring shop technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner, visiting vendor shops as appropriate.
- Support the QA Manager in resolving Mechanical Engineering non-conformances, concession requests, etc.
- Liaise closely with the EPC Contractor personnel at the Module Fabrication Yard(s) and Construction Site on all Mechanical Engineering matters, ensuring yard/field technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner.
- Work with the project Mechanical engineer to ensure that all module fabrication and construction work, system Completions and Handover, punchlisting, ensuring that all Mechanical Engineering work satisfies Project One specifications and standards.
- Support precommissioning and commissioning, etc. as required.
- Manage the relevant interface(s) with Ineos stakeholders, ensuring the operations function is well-prepared for eventual project ownership, including the timely handover of the agreed Mechanical Engineering deliverables to support training, operations and maintenance procedure development, Maintenance Management System population, etc.
Requires the following skills:
- Excellent team player;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong planning and organizing ability;
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented;
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds;
- Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo;
- Good understanding of business drivers and ability to align design philosophies;
- Broad estimating skills and practical understanding of costs (capital, operating, life cycle);
- Willing and flexibility to travel;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Background work experience:
- Project experience with strong design engineering/procurement background and a broad understanding of multiple disciplines and their interfaces;
- Proven track record of delivering leading SHE performance;
- Experience of supervising work in a Contractor’s Design Office and in a Module Fabrication Shop;
- Experience of field engineering and/or construction on a major Construction Site.
Specific Role Requirements:
- Degree qualified and chartered or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline;
- More than 7 years’ experience in Engineering role it Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting. Operations experience would be a significant advantage;
- Sound knowledge of key disciple areas including:
- Belgium Mechanical regulations and laws;
- Pressure Equipment Directive;
- Roles and Responsibilities of Notifiable Bodies, and their equivalent.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
Véronique De Schryver
HR Advisor Project One