Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The OSBL Operations Representative is responsible for bringing in Operations expertise to the project and for sharing and developing further knowledge of the manufacturing process technology to ensure the future assets will be built according to the company’s operations practices and operation standards.
The OSBL Operations Representative is responsible for developing the right infra-structure to ensure the future assets will be built according to the company’s operations practices and standards.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- Being a member of the Project leadership Team, accountable for overall program outcome in all key performance areas: safety, quality, cost and schedule.
- Provide Operability input over the Project FEED development and during detailed design work to ensure that Operations and Maintenance requirements are incorporated into the facilities design (reviewing and approving Project deliverables as required).
- Ensure that operability, maintainability, ergonomic and health factors for both normal and abnormal operations, including unit TAR, start-up and shutdown, and upset conditions are considered in the facilities design.
- Monitor Operations-related work performed by the FEED Contractor and other third parties, e.g. KTU Licensor, providing oversight and guidance, ensuring that all work satisfies INEOS specifications and standards.
- Ensure P&ID reviews, HAZOP/LoPAs, Design Reviews, Model Reviews and other necessary Project Process reviews are adequately represented from the Operations and Maintenance perspective.
- Ensure that all technical, process safety and integrity management issues are properly resolved and that an appropriate MoC procedure is in place to ensure design changes are managed correctly.
- To provide authority and leadership in closing all necessary HAZOP and MoC action items per agreed completion dates, seeking specialist discipline support as required, e.g. Site Technical Authority.
- Ensure Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up requirements are identified early during FEED and incorporated into the process design and execution strategy/schedule.
- Provide Operations input into the preparation, review and approval of Procurement procedures, the Project Supplier List, contractor/vendor pre-qualification, Purchase Requisitions, Invitations to Tender, etc.
- Lead the development of the Operations & Maintenance Philosophy.
- Provide deep knowledge of the process Inside-Out and the way the plant will be operated by the Owner.
- Review and sign off on MOCs on behalf of the Assets.
- Identify and work out design issues that may impact the ability to operate and maintain the plant properly:
- Participate in Layout development with confidence to speak on behalf of the assets;
- Participate in 3D model Reviews to look for operability/Maintenance issues across the Design;
- Sign off on Drawings, Isos, Equipment specs as needed on behalf of the Assets.
- Provide Operations input into tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with the Ineos Code of Conduct, providing Operations endorsement prior to award.
- Support construction to transition from a construction schedule into system based turnover schedule.
- Develop the preliminary Pre-commissioning Strategy and Pre-commissioning Plan (including the definition of systems, equipment integrity testing, e.g. FATs and SATs).
- Facilitate all pre-start-up safety reviews.
- Develop and implement the Commissioning Strategy and Commissioning Plan until such time as the full-time Commissioning Manager is mobilized.
- Support to Commissioning and Start-up Leader through Start-up.
- Development of operating procedures for the new assets.
- Participate in on boarding of Operators, in Operator training.
- Confidence to speak to operators to get their views input as needed.
- Start-up the new plant and lead operations team.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering discipline or large operations experience;
- More than 10 years’ experience at Operations environment;
- OSBL project experience highly appreciated;
- Seasoned and experienced Engineer;
- Exposure to commissioning and start-up of new units is a plus;
- Sound knowledge of SHE (including HAZOP and MoC) and sincere commitment to safety;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Willing and flexibility to travel;
- Strong networking;
- Confidence to speak to operators to get their views input as needed;
- Creativity in solving problems;
- Strong team player;
- Able to challenge the status quo and traditional thinking/ways of working;
- Willing develop strong point of view and to defend his/her position.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
Véronique De Schryver
HR Advisor Project One