The Plant Safety Advisor, who reports to the HSSE Manager of the Lillo Site, assists the site leadership team and workers to fulfil the legal obligations concerning welfare of workers and actively promotes the safety culture by regular presence in the plant and participating into different safety activities.
Context and dimensions of the job
The jobholder advises, supports and trains management, supervision on legal requirements and Ineos expectations (as SHE Excellence and 20 SHE principles) regarding to HSSE to assure the continuity of the site.
The jobholder prepares and delivers training, safety campaigns, ergonomics, health to raise awareness and to maintain a level of performance for all staff.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Safety Culture: Advises and coaches the employees related to the creation of the right safety attitude by regular presence in the different departments.
• Improving Safety Performance: Detects risks by participation in various meetings and advices accordingly on the implementation of good and safe work practices.
• Legal requirements: Ensures that projects and daily operation meet all legal requirements and internal Ineos procedures and objectives.
• Investigations: Participates, analyzes and delivers solutions to investigations of accidents, to eliminate the causes and prevent the recurrence of these accidents.
• Safety management System: Implements, coordinates, develops and maintains the SHE management system taking into account the ISRS standard and the 20 Ineos SHE Principles, in order to continuously improve the safety performance of the site.
• Process Safety: Coordinates the requirements related to process safety such as by participating into HAZOP studies, SIL analyses and writing safety reports.
• Machine Safety: Coordinates the requirements related to machine safety such as by participating into task risk analysis, safety assessments and bringing machinery into service.
• Training, development of others: Organizes trainings related to different topics, as safety, ergonomics, health, emergency plan and the Emergency Response Team.
• Emergency Plan: Controls, evaluates the operational efficiency of the Emergency Response equipment and organization of the company and subsequently advises the site leadership team with proposals for improvement.
• Is functional back-up for the HSSE manager.
Skills and knowledge required
• Several years industrial experience in the chemical industry (advantageous)
• Level 1 Safety Advisor as per Belgian regulation or level 2 and willing to obtain the degree in the near future
• Technical or engineering degree
• Good knowledge of the national laws, European guidelines and international HSSE standards
• Knowledge of process, personnel and machine safety
• Knowledge of PC and MS Office.
• Perfect knowledge of Dutch, good knowledge of English
• Strong communicator
• Coaching skills
• Creative in searching for solutions
• Able to convince, motivate individuals and groups.
A challenging job in a stimulating and technically advanced environment, a motivating remuneration package and the opportunity for further development in a company that is in its sector to the world's top.
Interested ? Please let us know quickly.
Sent a letter of motivation and a C.V. to Wendy Peeraer, HR Advisor, Scheldelaan 482 – haven 647, 2040 Lillo-Antwerpen, e-mail: email@example.com