The Process Engineer, who reports to the Engineering Manager of the Lillo Site, is involved with the generation and development of projects related to the improvement of the process reliability, product quality, efficiency, energy and HSE impact.
Context and dimensions of the job
Internal factors influencing the job are reliability and quality challenges, HSE and energy consumption expectations, profitability and continuous improvement initiatives, capex and variable and fixed cost limitations.
Most important external factors are business, technical services and sales requirements affecting the product slate and volumes, site development initiatives and capex process and inspection programs.
Also governmental HSE and GHG emissions expectations must be fulfilled.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Follows-up of the day-to-day production to better understand the difficulties and problems related to the process, thus making it possible to formulate improvements.
- Monitors and analyses the polymerization and finishing process data.
- Expands the process safety documentation: main focal points are the SIS / SIL functionalities, the flare network, the VOC emission points and the verification of PSV scenarios.
- Provides support to HAZOP, SIL, ATEX and LOPA studies.
- Gives support to CAPEX, MoC and near miss reporting program and large scale projects related to the Lillo site (if applicable).
- Takes part in process reliability workshops, acting as support for the Plant Manager.
- Keeps up-to-date with the technological developments (with the catalyst being one of the main points of interest).
- Develops and executes actions related to HSE (e.g. CPBW, annual safety action plan, …)
- Gives input to cost management (variable and fixed costs).
- Acts as a back-up for the Energy Coordinator in matters related to Energy (ISO50001 and EBO) and emissions (EU ETS).
- Acts as a member of the operations support duty team and site Emergency Response team.
Skills and knowledge required
• Master in the engineering sciences, chemical technology
• with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Process Engineering
• Good understanding of chemical engineering, chemical plant operations, project engineering and business principles
• In depth understanding of the operating plants
• Proficiency with Aspen engineering suite, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Knowledge of Dutch and English
• Strong drive to work on continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
• Taking initiatives
• Analytical thinking
• Problem solving skills
• Creative and innovative
A challenging job in a stimulating and technically advanced environment, a motivating remuneration package and the opportunity for further development in a company that is in its sector to the world's top.
Interested ? Please let us know quickly.
Sent a letter of motivation and a C.V. to Christine Goris, HR Manager, Scheldelaan 482 – haven 647, 2040 Lillo-Antwerpen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org