Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
Directs and manages the procurement activities for the program wide frameworks for key and critical equipment. Has advanced knowledge of purchasing and category management and how they are applied. Familiar with price books and framework agreements and how these are applied across Projects. Able to conduct supplier audits.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- Review the project specific procurement execution plan and/or contracting strategy, and procurement schedule in conformity with the project scope, requirements of the Project Managers execution plan and the project co-ordination procedure.
- Ensure that the project Approved vendor list is prepared, approved and issued in accordance with the departmental and project procedures and maintained to meet project requirements.
- Ensure Supplier qualification including financial due diligence is undertaken prior to award, advising on risk and appropriate mitigation.
- Ensure that pre-order progress meetings are held on a regular basis with Purchasing and Engineering personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables are being maintained.
- Oversee the management of the procurement of materials including:
- Review of all Contracting strategies;
- Review of commercial bid summaries.
- Check that the acknowledged delivery dates for the supply of information and materials are maintained in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Ensure post-order material progress meetings are held on a regular basis with purchasing, engineering, material control and project control and other groups if required to ensure supplier’s purchase order material/equipment commitments are being maintained. The status and progress, receipt and return of critical supplier data and separate documentation shall also be reviewed at this meeting.
- ensure that the level of external expediting is correct for project requirements.
- Receive copies of edited expediting reports; check adequacy of actions called for; ensure distribution is carried out without delay. Monitor response, speed and effectiveness of actions.
- Liaise with Inspection or other appointed inspection authority to ensure that inspection functions are accomplished. Receive copies of edited inspection reports; ensure distribution is carried out without delay. Ensure that prompt action is taken in the event of nonconformities.
- For goods not purchased on a 'delivered-destination' basis, in liaison with the shipping, ensure that the correct services are made available for the forwarding, insuring, shipping, entry, clearance and inland transportation of such materials, as required. Check that sufficient notice is given and adequate information is made available to enable prompt and correct handling of materials, that the necessary documentation is provided and that full records are maintained.
- Liaise and report to program procurement team to ensure alignment across the projects.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume and last two performance appraisals to:
HR contact: recruitment.ProjectOne@ineos.com