Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The IPMT (Integrated Project Management Team) Project QA/QC Manager is to responsible for coordinating the effective implementation of Integrated Program SHEQ Management System and the Project Quality Plan (PQP) by the Program Team and the different Project Delivery Teams (PDTs) to ensure that Project products are fit for purpose and delivered according to the Project Quality expectations and acceptance criteria.
He/she will implement & review QA processes in Program Team & PDTs, and check compliance with Quality Management standards through audits. He/she will liaise with the Program QA Manager to ensure proper implementation of the QA processes.
He/she will ensure that appropriate processes, tools & techniques are in place for the QC activities in the Program Team and PDTs, in order to guarantee QC effectiveness and standardization. For these activities he/she will liaise with PDT QC Managers.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
QA responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Project Quality Plan (PQP), Quality processes and procedures.
- Review & update policies and procedures to assure compliance with local legislation and industry standards.
- Verify and follow-up Quality Expectations and Quality Criteria in Tender documents or Q related documents sent to vendors or contractors.
- Coordinate all Project Quality requirements with the project bidders.
- Control the distribution of all the Quality documentation.
- Review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements.
- Monitor the disposition of all issued non-conformance reports or complaints.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the PQP. Recommend and implement improvements when required.
- Coordinate internal and external Quality audits.
- Act as Ineos point of contact within Project One for internal and external stakeholders on Quality management.
- Coordinate all project QA/QC activities with Project Delivery Teams.
- Coordinate all quality related correspondence with the Project Management and Business representatives.
- Monitor Quality reporting.
- Control all quality documentation upon the completion of the project.
QC responsibilities include:
- Identify & update list of applicable quality standards (CE, local regulations, industry standards & codes…).
- Ensure contacts with regulatory authorities.
- Coordinate elaboration, validation & monitoring of ITPs (Inspection & Test programs).
- Evaluate qualification of inspection roles.
- Point of contact for third party authorized inspection body.
- Supervise design and development verification & validation. A.o. Assist with detailed review of all FEED Contractors and vendor systems, processes and procedures, including PEPs, Quality Plans, etc.
- Ensure sign-off procedures and reporting rules.
- Review procurement documents to ensure that quality requirement have been correctly translated into purchase requisitions and design documents.
- Supervise inspections and verify reports and documentation.
- Ensure collection of Project Quality records.
- Develop & verify treatment of non-conformities.
- Liaise with QC engineers in the different subprojects, a.o. through periodical meetings.
- Review Quality Expectations and Acceptance Criteria for Project Products.
- Participate in internal and external Quality audits as scheduled in the Project Quality Plan (PQP).
- Organize relevant Quality trainings to increase the knowledge of QC in all phases of the Engineering and Construction phases.
- Monitor the implementation of the approved QC Plan.
- Coordinate with management for quality improvement actions.
Requires the following skills:
- Excellent team player;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong planning and organizing ability;
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented;
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds;
- Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo;
- Good understanding of business drivers and ability to align design philosophies;
- Willingness and flexibility to travel;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Background work experience:
- Major project experience with strong design engineering background and a broad understanding of multiple disciplines and their interfaces;
- Proven track record of delivering leading Quality performance;
- Experience of supervising work in an EPC Contractor’s Design Office.
Specific Role Requirements:
- Degree qualified and chartered or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline;
- More than 10 years’ experience in Engineering role in Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting;
- Sound knowledge of key disciple areas including:
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO29001 norms and their practical application to projects;
- Knowledge of ISO14001, OHSAS18001 / ISO45001 norms and their practical application to projects.
- Understanding of Belgium legislation and quality management in Belgium would be an advantage, including CE marking and working with a Notifiable Body / CE marking consultant on a large project.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
Véronique De Schryver
HR Advisor Project One