INEOS Oligomers contains a portfolio of products that include Polybutene (PiB), Linear Alpha Olefins (LAO), Poly Alpha Olefins (PAO) and Diisobutylene (DiB). To serve our customers, INEOS Oligomers has manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United States (Texas). PIB is produced Lavera, France. Products are sold into a wide variety of applications including lubricants, lube additives, adhesives, sealants, rubber modification, cosmetics and personal care.
INEOS Oligomers Feluy (Belgium) is looking for a :
QSHE & PSM Manager (m/f)
Fixed contract (full time)
The QHSE & PSM Manager is in charge of designing and implementing the policies & programs on the Feluy site related to Work Safety, Process Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental protection, Security and Quality management in compliance with Ineos policies and License to Operate.
He has full responsibility of all human and technical aspects of the Feluy central laboratory.
This position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles. Additionally, the QHSE Manager has a special responsibility to cascade the understanding of these principles throughout the entire organization.
Key roles and accountabilities include:
- Be a safety leader of the QHSE and Laboratory teams and develop behavioral and process safety awareness within your team and the site.
- Demonstrate your safety commitment by developing a culture of success and recognition of achievement in your department.
- Promote formally the safety by preventing unsafe situation and correcting unsafe behavior.
- Show personal involvement through regular safety meetings and site audits.
Policies and standards
- Develop and Implement the Site QSHE Policy within the 20 INEOS principle culture and the QSHE system. Maintain “licence to operate”, certifications (14001, 9001 etc)
- Develop, implement, & coordinate the Process Safety Management system.
- Coordinate, support & monitor the operations in the introduction and/or implementation of regulations & site policies.
- Define, implement & monitor the RBI Technical Inspections system.- Accountable for the QHSE document management.
Performance measurement and improvement
- Monitor, audit and report on SHE, PSM & QC/QA performance.
- Foster SHE awareness among employees & contractors
- Challenge status-quo, identify the areas for improvement to further develop the safety & quality culture.
- Identify gaps, develop and execute respective programs to close them.
- Manages with his team regulatory permits to operate the Seveso-ranked high plants; completes applications, revisions and ensures compliance with respective permits issued by the authorities.
- Keep up to date with European and Belgium QSHE legislation so that the site complies with all relevant laws.
- Ensure the Belgium SIPP & CPPT safety committee’s regulations are met.
- Ensure there is no uncontrolled risk from product consumed on site.
- Ensure that lessons from accidents & incidents or complaints are drawn across the site in a structured way to avoid recurrence.
- Initiates steady improvement of QSHE behaviour for all employees and contractors by training and best practice.
- Promote collective measure to prevention, accountable for near misses and incident accident reporting and analysis, for regulatory training as well as training to act safely on site for new and experienced employee.
- Bring QSHE best practices within the Ineos Group and be the focus for external QSHE activities & external communications on QSHE matters.
- Take an active role in supporting relationships with the community & industry representatives for all QSHE matters
- Chemical Engineering degree with at least 10 years of experience in petrochemical activities & Operations management
- Level one Safety Advisor as per Belgium classification.
- Mastering of Process Safety management processes & equipment. 10 years of experience of Engineering Authority on a Chemical site
- Mastering of Hazards identification techniques
- The incumbent must be comfortable working and communicating with employees at all levels of the organization.
- The incumbent must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to recognize what information is a value and needs to communicate to various audiences for maximum effectiveness. The ability to deal with ambiguity is a must, as well as, displaying an ability to deal with change.
- Ability to speak and communicate fluently in French is mandatory; English fluent required; Dutch is a plus