Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The primary responsibility of the the SDx Engineer will be to develop, implement and administer the SDx application from HEXAGON for the EPC and O&M-phase of Project ONE and to support the Engineering team as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup interfaces between SDx and HEXAGON SmartPlant as well 3rd party solutions, e.g. SAP;
- Application Administrator Duties;
- Create and manage SDx User Accounts;
- Field SmartPlant User calls and requests;
- Monitor server performance and implement approved recommendations;
- Ensure server administration tools and maintenance activities are functioning properly and modify as necessary;
- Perform reporting duties as required to the Integrated Project Management Team (IPMT), Engineering and O&M teams;
- Identify and implement administrative tools to improve monitoring and maintenance duties;
- Assist Engineering and O&M team to perform server upgrades (SDx Core releases, Site releases, Oracle required upgrades, configuration changes, etc.) per established change control processes;
- Perform development activities as directed by Engineering and O&M teams.
Problem analysis and resolution
- Fixes causes, not just symptoms and work to eliminate recurring problems;
- Watch for trends that indicate potential problems and then eliminates the problems before they occur.
- Keep IPMT, Engineering and O&M teams informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment;
- Keep project team and users informed of problems, scheduled downtime or anything that affects the environment;
- Keep IPMT informed of progress on problems that cannot be resolved immediately.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- To support the Project ONE Program IT Manager and Project Information Manager in the performance of their duties, deputising as required.
- To provide technical and engineering information to IPMT and Engineering teams to support the project and answer routine queries.
- Work on teams to improve project processes or resolve issues, especially in relation to the interface between SDx and applications (SmartPlant as well as 3rd party).
Role in SDx:
- Support the Project ONE IT Manager and Project Information Manager to ensure that all technical information required for Data Exchange and Data Management is delivered in a clear and concise format to the required schedule.
- Own the SDx software and interfaces to other applications, ensure that software and interfaces are kept up to date as the project progresses.
- Develop new interfaces properly as required. Work with INEOS contacts for different software solutions, or work with software vendors directly to setup new interfaces.
- Provide support for users of SDx and SmartPlant modules as per requirement.
- Cover training of the Operations team once the configuration is complete, populated and ready for delivery. This would be customisation focused user training on SDx.
Requires the following skills:
- Excellent team player;
- Honesty and very strong personal integrity – clear on the need to do the right thing in the long-term interests of the company and society as a whole;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong planning and organizing ability;
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented;
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds;
- Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo;
- Good understanding of business drivers and ability to align design philosophies;
- Broad software skills and practical understanding of the use;
- Willing and flexibility to travel. The role is likely to be split 50% in Belgium and 50% in UK with occasional travel to US and other
Background work experience:
- Major project experience with strong design engineering background and a broad understanding of multiple disciplines and their interfaces.
Specific Role Requirements:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline;
- 5+ years’ experience with SmartPlant engineering and data management solutions;
- Experience with SDx;
- Programming experience;
- 5+ years’ experience in an engineering, projects or operational role;
- Fluent written and spoken in Dutch;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
Véronique De Schryver
HR Advisor Project One