Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Site Environmental Engineer is to ensure that Project One meets National International and INEOS standards and a deliver safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
The role will contribute in the SHE discipline within Project One and provide functional support and guidance to the project managers and process safety engineers, including hand over and integration of activities with the site safety and SHE team, that will work to ensure safety during operation.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
The role responsibilities include in general that:
- Ensure the project complies with environmental legislation (VLAREM, VLAREA, VLAREA, VLAREBO, VLAREBO, …) and internal environmental requirements, in particular the INEOS guidelines. In this new position, you will strengthen the HSSE Manager.
- You are responsible for compliance with environmental legislation at the European, federal, regional and local levels. You follow up on new and amended legislation and are responsible for its practical implementation, as well as its follow-up and you also ensure that all environmental measurements are carried out and results are recorded, so that they are available internally and to the authorities.
- You are also responsible for the project’s waste management and you report annually to the authorities.
- You are familiar with managing an environmental care system in accordance with ISO 14001 and you ensure that the standard requirements in this respect are complied with.
Throughout the project stages the role include:
Pre-FEED Study Role:
- Support the HSSE Manager to develop a clear and concise set of SHE standards which meet Ineos, National and International standards.
FEED Study Role:
- Support the project HSSE Manager in the performance of his/her duties.
- Work closely with the Process Engineers and Operational Representatives, advise them about Environmental issues during design.
- Participate in the SHE reviews of all FEED Contractors’ and vendor systems, processes and procedures, including PEPs, Quality Plans, etc. for environmental aspects.
- Provide Ineos Project One team with environmental input into the preparation, review and approval of Procurement procedures, Invitations to Tender, etc.
- Can lead audits related to the SHE discipline of the FEED contractors and support audits from outside parties.
- Ensure the facilities are designed, built and commissioned in compliance with all relevant statutory and Project One regulations.
- Support the QA Manager in resolving SHE non-conformances, concession requests, etc.
- Manage the relevant interface(s) with Ineos stakeholders, ensuring the operations function is well-prepared for the agreed SHE requirements, this includes support on training, operations and maintenance procedure development, Management Systems, etc.
- You follow the evolution of new/amended permit conditions and their application within the organization.
- You are a point of contact for internal and external communication on environmental issues by reporting legally required reports (e.g. annual reports), communication with the authorities and parties involved in case of incidents, complaints and inspections.
- Finally, you ensure good cooperation with the sites energy manager in the field of environmental and energy-related issues.
Requires the following skills:
- Fluent Dutch communication skills;
- Good English communication skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong planning and organizing ability;
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented;
- Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
- Willing and flexibility to travel.
Specific Role Requirements:
- Degree qualified and chartered or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline;
- Several years’ experience in Chemical, Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting;
- Environmental Coordinator type A as per Belgian Legislation;
- Good knowledge of the national laws, European guidelines and international HSSE standards;
- Sound knowledge of key discipline areas including: HAZOP, QRA and LOPA.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
Véronique De Schryver
HR Advisor Project One