Continuous improvement in efficiency and reduction of energy use and carbon emissions is standard practice across INEOS.
INEOS is pursuing a wide range of optimisation opportunities, such as new methods that improve process efficiency, innovative solutions for heat and power integration, waste heat valorisation, and more selective catalysts. Our projects encompass:
Efficiency improvements in our power plants, such as at our Grangemouth site.
- Optimisation of the steam networks at our sites with substantial steam consumption.
- Integrated waste heat valorisation, such as at our Tavaux site through mechanical vapor recompression.
- Electrification of low-temperature processes, as planned for our operations in Antwerp.
- Minimisation of waste heat from processes at our sites.
- Recovery and reuse of off-gasses in utilities, such as at our Chocolate Bayou site.
- Flaring reduction, such as envisioned for our Lavera site.
- Cooling tower optimisation, such as at our Cologne site.
- Advanced process control strategies, such as the advanced distillation columns at our Sarnia site in Canada. Catalyst improvements to enhance process efficiency.
Each INEOS site is measured against the previous year and our 2019 baseline, as well as compared with other manufacturing sites in the business, and benchmarked for its profile in a region or country. At a higher level, emissions and energy data are ranked per INEOS business, highlighting potential areas of improvement and measures to replicate across the group.