New Horizon for Converters
INEOS Olefins & Polymers Europe has recently introduced 540-CA13, a new high impact copolymer polypropylene grade specifically developed for the injection moulding of luggage, crates and boxes as well as for the production of compounds.
“540-CA13 opens new horizons for converters looking for the optimum balance of cold impact strength and stiffness”, said Jacques D’heur, Technical Service Manager Injection Moulding, INEOS Olefins & Polymers Europe.
Indeed, this grade offers an unparalleled balance of stiffness, creep resistance and low temperature impact strength, with additional benefits that include low blushing, low shrinkage low warpage and food approval.
This exceptional combination of properties is achieved due to the unique attributes of INEOS InnoveneTM PP technology, plus the use of the latest generation of nucleating agents.
Key features of 540-CA13 are:
- An outstanding impact resistance at low service temperature.
- High stiffness and excellent creep resistance, hence a superior crate stacking stability.
- Excellent dimensional stability and low warpage.
- Excellent processability combined with potential reduction in mould cooling time linked to its high crystallization temperature.
- Excellent surface finish and antistatic performance.
- Low blushing.
- Food contact approval.
“While this new grade has been developed to meet the most stringent requirements of the returnable transport packaging market, we are confident that its outstanding balance of properties will certainly appeal to converters serving other markets” added Jacques D’heur.