- High Density Polyethylene
- Manufactured Polyethylene Pipe
Our products are sold and shipped mainly within North America, but we have global presence through our export and distribution partners, with reach into Asia (INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA, Shanghai office) and the Middle East. European sales are handled through our sister company, INEOS Olefins & Polymers Europe.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is one of the largest merchant marketers of olefins in North America. Our high purity olefins are valued for their use as chemical building blocks in the production of a wide variety of consumer products. Our merchant olefin products include ethylene and butadiene.
Among the ethylene applications are:
- Ethylene glycol for automotive products such as antifreeze
- Plastics such as polyethylene
- PVC for packaging and housing/construction applications
- Alpha olefins for detergents and lubricants.
Among the applications for butadiene are:
- Automotive windshield sealants
- Synthetic rubbers for tires
- Synthetic rubbers for athletic footwear
High Density Polyethylene/ Polypropylene
Plastics have become an increasingly important material in the light-weighting of vehicles, which improves their energy efficiency. Plastics are also used to produce products such as energy-efficient roofing, and food packaging for food preservation. Sterilized and sanitary plastics are increasingly important in hospitals for medical applications
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is North America's third largest producer of high density polyethylene and polypropylene. High density polyethylene (HDPE) and polypropylene (PP) are used to make a wide variety of plastic products that consumers value for convenience, safety, hygiene, ease of use, light-weighting, durability and recyclability. We produce homopolymer and copolymer grades of HDPE and homopolymer, random copolymer and impact copolymer grades of PP. Over 30% of our polyolefins business is in specialty markets or applications.
Among the PP applications are:
- Building and construction products
- Automotive and appliance parts
- Food packaging, cups and containers
- Caps and closures
- Biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) film
- Totes and storage bins
- Hygiene products
Among the HDPE applications are:
- Milk, juice and water bottles
- Household chemical and pharma containers
- Jar and bottle caps
- High molecular weight film
- Automotive fuel tanks and under-hood reservoirs
- Drip irrigation, gas, water, and sewer service pipe
- Power and telecom cables
- Plastic wood decking
- Pallets, crates and bins
High Density Polyethylene Pipe
WL Plastics is one of the largest high density polyethylene pipe manufacturers in North America. WL provides HDPE Pipe to oil, gas, industrial, mining, conduit, and municipal water and sewer markets.