RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Operating from three Research & Technology (R&T) centres around the world, INEOS scientists and engineers are focused on delivering innovative solutions to meet the needs of customers and the wider industry.
- Catalyst development – catalyst research, development, scale-up and manufacturing support, fixed & fluid bed catalyst development, heterogeneous and homogeneous catalyst chemistry.
- Materials science - metallurgy, polymer processing and mechanical properties.
- Modelling –polyolefin process simulations; molecular modelling and simulation for chemical process and product development, property prediction, and atomic-level behaviour of chemical systems.
- High throughput experimentation - rapid analysis and screening of catalyst options.
- Pilot plants mimicking commercial scale operation, and scale up capability – PE & PP
- Analytical science – broad and deep specialized analytical expertise in physical and chemical characterization, of catalysts, olefins and polyolefins. Integrated problem solving expertise using surface science, particle technology, thermal analysis, spectroscopy, Gel Permeation Chromatography, Chromatography, and Elemental analysis.
- Intellectual property – maintenance and development of our comprehensive intellectual property portfolio to protect our inventions.