We make products that are used in an vast array of applications:
- Transport: Structural components to protect and reduce weight when used in aircraft, trains, lorries and cars. Fuel tanks, bumpers, headlamp units; tyres; brake fluid, antifreeze, and screen wash liquids;
- Construction: Insulation; window frames; piping; protective paint; composites;
- Packaging: Materials to keep food fresh and safe from contamination; liquid containers;
- Communications and electronics: Smartphone casings and screens; circuit boards; headphones;
- Textiles: Fibres and dyes for warm, comfortable and protective clothing; carpeting;
- Paints and coatings: Paints used for decoration and protection, both inside and out, from buildings to cars, planes and infrastructure;
- Medical industry: Chemicals used in making pharmaceuticals; insulin, antivirals, even eye drops and cement used in hip replacements;
- Household products: Shower and bath soaps and gels; detergents and cleaning products; and
- Energy: Gas transport pipes; biodiesel; wind turbine blades and lubricants for the turbines.
Over 80 per cent of petrochemicals are purchased by other businesses to convert by chemical reaction or moulding into products consumed by the general public. Only a minority of products - such as hand sanitisers, surface sprays and dispensers - are sold directly to the general public.