Oilfield Chemicals produced by INEOS Oligomers offer a range of alpha olefin based drilling products to the oilfield drilling arena which include linear alpha olefins (LAO), internal olefins (IO), olefin blends and polyalphaolefins under the Amodrill® trade name.
These clear, colorless, water-white mobile olefin LAO and IO liquids have been used in marine drilling environments for more than a decade, and for several years for onshore drilling. Low density Amodrill® LAO fluids have led to improved penetration rates for onshore wells.
These products offer a number of positive environmental attributes, including:
- Reduced exposure to fugitive emissions of aromatic compounds vs. diesel or mineral oil materials
- Low volatility
- Flash points above 100°C
- Lower odor than diesel oil
- Anaerobic biodegradation in marine environments
- Low toxicity to both water column and sea floor invertebrates
- Rapid biodegradation in soil
- Low toxicity to bacteria, plants and worms in soil