INEOS is committed to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with the Paris Agreement and has a companywide GHG management system in place to reduce emissions to net zero by 2050. All our businesses monitor and report emissions in accordance with the GHG Protocol and have dedicated emissions reduction roadmaps for each of their sites. Based on these roadmaps, we have set a company-wide target to reduce emissions by 33% by 2030 compared to 2019, whilst allowing for growth. This is an important step towards meeting our 2050 net-zero target.
INEOS’ site roadmap initiative and 2030 investment plans aim to drive down our GHG emissions, while remaining profitable. To back our plans and take advantage of opportunities offered by the evolving energy and climate environment, we will invest over €6 billion in the years to come. We pursue a broad range of initiatives including:
- development of a new hydrogen business
- production of clean hydrogen as a fuel
- purchase of green power to run our operations
- production of recycled plastics brands
- use of bio-based feedstocks instead of fossil-based resources
- continuous process optimisation
- implementation of electrification and low-carbon technologies
- capture and utilisation or storage of carbon dioxide (CO2)
- partnering with our supply chain to reduce product emissions
- investment in new assets to create a step change in emissions and energy use.