Sealants/ Caulks/ Putties
Indopol® Polybutenes | Sealants/ Caulks/ Putties
Indopol® polybutene plasticizes, extends and adds tack to a variety of elastomer-based caulks and sealants, resulting in softer, more easily extruded products. Polybutenes can contribute desirable properties and performance benefits when used as partial replacements for drying oils and/or solvents in sealant and putty formulations.
- Good inherent permanent tackiness.
- Hydrophobic, non-drying, does not inhibit cure.
- Modifies the properties of elastomer-base caulks & sealants, such as tack, softness, cohesive strength and water resistance.
- Negligible evaporation loss at ambient temperature.
- Binds and wets fillers to improve flow.
- Oxidatively stable with good low temperature properties.
ADVANTAGES - as partial replacements for process drying oils, and solvents
- Contributes more tack, adhesion and bond cohesion.
- Improved permanence and ageing characteristics.
- Less shrinkage, cracking and seepage.
- Improved low temperature flexibility and pliability.
- Reduction in moisture vapor transmission.
- Less slump and sag with lower oil to filler ratios.
- Can function as a primary carrier/vehicle component in non-drying sealants and conventional caulks.
- Gun-grade caulks and sealants.
- Clear and insulated-glass (IG) and solar panel sealants.
- Architectural and automotive sealants and tapes.
- RV, metal building and construction sealants.
- Glazing, plumber and HVAC putties.
For additional information on Indopol polybutenes or to request samples, email us at email@example.com