INEOS Styrolution invites healthcare application designers to Pharmapack 2018 to explore new material demands and trends
INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, presents new innovative styrenic solutions for the healthcare industry at Pharmapack 2018 (booth L14 in hall 7.1 at the Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles, February 7-8, 2018).
INEOS Styrolution shows continued commitment to the healthcare industry with innovations based on close cooperation with leading healthcare application providers.
At the INEOS Styrolution booth, the latest innovations including information on the fiber filled ABS that was developed in close cooperation with Fleima Plastic (Masterflex Group) will be showcased. The Novodur® HD M203FC G3 grade became the first glass fiber filled polymer grade to be offered with full complement of healthcare compliance documents worldwide. It has been specifically developed for demanding healthcare applications like medical spikes, as well as for medical applications requiring structural stability and high flowability.
In addition to information on current styrenic material solutions, visitors will have the opportunity to challenge specialists on healthcare trends leading to new future materials. This will allow application designers to start new designs based on the knowledge of what is expected to come.
Some of the trends that are expected to impact materials in the future include:
- The trend towards wearable solutions brings healthcare and lifestyle demands closer together. Materials are no longer limited to meeting the demands for medical devices, but also need to meet aesthetic demands of the consumer.
- Portable and mobile healthcare devices drive ever smaller, lighter and multifunctional devices. Housing materials are challenged to meet many expectations including sterilization demands and resistance to impact strength.
- Injector systems are well-known from insulin pens. Medication via injectors may become a more prominent process in the future.
- Cleaning of homecare applications or in hospitals with disinfectants require chemically resistant (ESCR) housing materials. INEOS Styrolution is very actively working on new solutions in this area optimizing ABS materials for these applications with improved chemical and impact resistance.
- IV systems continue to be demanding in many ways. INEOS Styrolution’s Terlux® is an excellent material to meet many needs in this area. Here as well, the company works on optimizing the material’s properties and developing new materials for the various components in an IV system.
INEOS Styrolution’s Pieter Bekaert, Head of Healthcare EMEA, invites application designers to join the company’s experts at Pharmapack to exchange information: “We are excited to discuss new solutions, and we are very ready to cooperate on creating the best materials for your design.”
The entire INEOS Styrolution portfolio for the healthcare industry includes:
- Transparent polymers: Terlux® HD, Zylar®, Clearblend®, Styrolux®, Styroflex®, K-Resin®, Lustran® (SAN), Luran® HD, NAS®.
- Opaque polymers: Novodur® HD, Lustran® (ABS).
- Essential and full service HD packages
- Standard food contact packages: Styrolution® PS, Terluran®.
- Research and development support for medical device designers.
ABOUT INEOS STYROLUTION
INEOS Styrolution is the leading, global styrenics supplier with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 85 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering the best possible solution, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including Automotive, Electronics, Household, Construction, Healthcare, Packaging and Toys/ Sports/ Leisure. In 2016, sales were at 4.5 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,200 people and operates 16 production sites in nine countries.
For futher information contact:
Name : Dr. Ralf Leinemann
Position : Global Manager PR & Marketing Communications
Phone Number : work +49 69 5095501366
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org