Styrolution enhances healthcare applications with styrenic innovations
Frankfurt, Germany – November 5, 2015 – Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, will be attending Compamed 2015, a premier international tradeshow for medical suppliers taking place November 16-19 in Düsseldorf, Germany. Here, the global styrenics supplier will illustrate how its materials and collaborative approach to innovation help medical manufacturers and designers bring to life the latest healthcare trends and help address industry challenges of today and tomorrow.
Styrenic polymers have become a material of choice for medical and healthcare applications. As a high-value alternative to other standard materials, innovative styrenics provide high performance solutions at lower costs. Whether incorporated into infusion systems, flexible medical devices, respiratory or cardiovascular devices, medical and healthcare applications based on styrenics are setting unparalleled standards in design and aesthetics, safety, resistance and durability performance.
“Medical suppliers across the globe are constantly looking for ways to differentiate themselves from the competition through improvements to performance, design and cost reduction. Compamed is an ideal opportunity for these OEMs to experience the latest material trends that will drive the future of a market in transition. As a global company with deep industry expertise, INEOS Styrolution works side-by-side with its partners to deliver medical solutions offering premium aesthetics and performance at a competitive price”, states Pieter Bekaert, Head of Healthcare EMEA, INEOS Styrolution.
With wide-reaching expertise and a dedication to unique service, INEOS Styrolution strives to offer a global footprint with a personal touch, working closely with customers to help them establish a competitive advantage through best-in-class service, high quality, customized styrenic solutions and reliable formulations. Visitors can experience the following applications first-hand during a visit to Styrolution’s booth at Compamed:
Customer applications featured at Compamed 2015:
- Intravenous (IV) sets that employ Terlux® HD require high transparency, chemical resistance, excellent stiffness and high-impact strength. Based on a 20-year industry expertise, INEOS Styrolution created best-in-class transparency for medical staff to easily monitor whether liquids flow correctly through the device.
- Leading medical customers chose Styrolution’s Styrolux® for the development of their medical drip chambers due to its excellent transparency, high impact strength and good flowability.
- Microspec chose Styroflex® for the development of its medical tubes consisting of multi-lumens which act as stabilizers for filter elements. Styroflex is a thermoplastic elastomer that is ideally suited to medical tubing applications, offering transparency, thermal stability, elasticity, excellent processability and can be sterilized.
- Teva selected Novodur® HD for the dry powder inhaler’s shaft because it offered a unique combination of high surface quality, dimensional stability, heat resistance and robustness. For the mouth piece cover, the company selected Styrolution’s transparent Terlux® HD which helps avoid contamination. The color of the Spiromax’s mouth piece cover indicates which medication is enclosed.
- Omron blood pressure monitor is a fully automated blood monitor containing intelligent technology to give fast, comfortable and accurate blood pressure readings. Omron employed Terluran® for the housing due to its high gloss and colorability.
- GN ReSound A/S is a Danish innovator in the field of medical hearing aid devices. Terlux® HD was selected for the transparent adapter in between the device and the ear as it offers excellent transparency, chemical resistance, impact strength, and stiffness, while Terluran® was selected for the device housing due to its excellent self colorability.
Product highlights featured at Compamed 2015:
- Novodur® is Styrolution’s brand of easily processable specialty ABS grade with well-balanced mechanical properties and excellent chemical and stress cracking resistance. The new Novodur® HD development ABS offers improved stiffness and even better environmental stress cracking resistance (ESCR) specially tested and proven against aggressive hospital cleaners.
- Zylar®/Clearblend® and Styrolux® are ideal for medical applications, such as IV sets, offering outstanding sterilizability, excellent transparency and low yellow index. Complementing the material’s outstanding color compensation, these grades also offer medical device manufacturers benefits in processing and flowability.
- INEOS Styrolution offers further advanced specialty grades for flexible medical applications, like drip chambers, as well as medical tubing for IV sets. The innovative material solutions offer a density advantage of 20 to 30 per cent compared to other polymers, an outstanding bonding performance, and excellent processability.
WHEN: November 16-19, 2015
WHERE: Hall B8, Booth BJ38, Düsseldorf, Germany
Image in high-resolution are available for download here.
ABOUT INEOS STYROLUTION
INEOS Styrolution is the leading, global styrenics supplier with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 85 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering the best possible solution, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, toys/sports/leisure, and packaging. In 2015, sales were at 5 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,100 people and operates 15 production sites in nine countries.
For futher information contact:
Name : Dr. Ralf Leinemann
Position : Global Manager PR & Marketing Communications
Phone Number : work +49 69 5095501366
Email : email@example.com