HF Chlor Alkali LLC selects INEOS Technologies BICHLOR™ electrolysers for a new chlor-alkali plant located in Iowa, USA
INEOS Technologies is pleased to announce that it is supplying four state of the art BICHLOR™ bipolar electrolysers to HF Chlor-Alkali’s new plant located in Eddyville, Iowa, USA.
The new HF chlor-alkali plant will supply caustic soda, muriatic acid, and bleach to an adjacent food processing facility and other Midwest facilities.
INEOS BICHLOR™ electrolysers have been sold to 56 projects around the world. The biggest plant using the technology is located in Runcorn, UK, where 20 BICHLOR ™ electrolysers produce over 1,000,000te of chlor-alkali products each year.
Peter Grant, Business Director of INEOS Technologies, said: "INEOS Technologies is delighted to be supplying our technology for this new venture. With our extensive chlor-alkali manufacturing and technical knowledge, we look forward to supporting HF Chlor Alkali, LLC in making their manufacturing plant a great success.”
For further information please contact:
Pete Grant, INEOS Technologies
Notes to editors:
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments.
INEOS Technologies' complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:
- Innovene PP - gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene S - slurry technology for the production of mono and bi-modal HDPE
- Innovene G -swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE
- BICHLOR - membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls - technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles - technology for the production of Acrylonitrile and Maleic Anhydride
- Polystyrene – general purpose, high impact and expandable PS technologies