Chinese Company CNOOC has selected INEOS Technologies’ Innovene S HDPE process for their new project in Huizhou, Guangdong Province, China
INEOS Technologies is pleased to announce that it has licensed its Innovene S Process for the manufacture of medium density and high density polyethylene to CNOOC Oil and Petrochemical Company Limited for its cracker complex located in Huizhou City, Guangdong Province of China.
The 400 KTA Innovene S HDPE plant will produce a wide range of polyethylene grades to serve the growing HDPE demand in China. These grades include commodity grades made from Ziegler and Chrome catalysts as well as specialty grades such as bimodal PE 100 pipe products.
Peter Williams, CEO of INEOS Technologies, commented: "INEOS is delighted to have been selected by CNOOC as its licensing partner for the HDPE plant at Huizhou. We look forward to working with the CNOOC team to deliver an asset that will meet fully both the current and future requirements of CNOOC’s customers".
For further information please contact:
Pete Grant, INEOS TechnologiesTelephone + 41 (0) 21 627 7085
Notes to editors:
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments. INEOS Technologies' complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:·
- Innovene PP - gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene S - slurry technology for the production of mono and bi-modal HDPE
- Innovene G -swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE·
- BICHLOR - membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls - technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles - technology for the production of Acrylonitrile and Maleic Anhydride
- Polystyrene – general purpose, high impact and expandable PS technologies