Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Fired Heater Engineer is to ensure that the Fired Heaters, Furnaces and Flares installed on Project One, meets National, International and INEOS standards and a deliver safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
The Fired Heater Engineer will Lead the Fired Heater discipline within Project One and provide functional support and guidance to the project piping and mechanical engineers where they are in place.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- Coordinate engineering tasks in support of the integrated project management team to establish specifications of environmentally compliant equipment for Heaters, Furnaces and Flares.
- Works closely together with the Permitting team (MER) to ensures that all permit requirements are considered and addressed in the design, and that potential environmental issues are identified and addressed during project execution (burner management, emission control, use of thermal or catalytic emission reduction technology).
- Manage and lead complex technical discussions with third parties (licensors, suppliers, contractors and regulators) in order to facilitate appropriate technical decision.
Pre-FEED Study Role:
- Support the Project One Program Engineering manager to develop a clear and consistent set of Fired Heaters, Furnaces and Flare standards which meet Ineos, National and International standards.
- Own the Fired Heaters, Furnaces and Flare engineering elements of the Project One Standards and approve Deviations and Wavers to the standards throughout the project.
- Support permitting team in developing the request for the Environmental Effect Report.
FEED Study Role:
- To support the Project One Program Engineering Manager in the performance of his/her duties, deputising as required.
- Work closely with the Project Engineers to ensure that all engineering issues are properly resolved in a timely manner, that design changes are managed correctly, and that the facilities comply with all Project one and statutory requirements and Stakeholder expectations.
- Monitor all Engineering design and procurement work performed by the FEED Contractors and other third party designers/vendors, providing oversight and guidance, ensuring that all work satisfies Project One specifications and standards.
- Ensure detailed review of all FEED Contractors’ and vendor systems, processes and procedures, including PEPs, Quality Plans, etc. for aspects.
- Provide Ineos Project One Engineering input into the preparation, review and approval of Procurement procedures, the Project Supplier List, contractor/vendor pre-qualification, Purchase Requisitions, Invitations to Tender, etc.
- Provide Ineos Project One Engineering input into tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with the Ineos Code of Conduct.
- Lead audits related to the discipline of the FEED contractors and support audits from outside parties.
- Ensure the facilities are designed, built and commissioned in compliance with all relevant statutory and Project One regulations.
- Support the EPC Contractor and vendors to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for equipment, packages and bulk material supply, auditing vendor compliance as required.
- Support the EPC Contractor to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for fabrication and construction, auditing contractor compliance as required.
- Monitor vendor performance on all Engineering matters, ensuring shop technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner, visiting vendor shops as appropriate.
- Support the QA Manager in resolving Engineering non-conformances, concession requests, etc.
- Liaise closely with the EPC Contractor personnel at the Module Fabrication Yard(s) and Construction Site on all Engineering matters, ensuring yard/field technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner.
- Work with the project engineer to ensure that all module fabrication and construction work, system Completions and Handover, punch-listing, ensuring that all work satisfies Project One specifications and standards.
- Support pre-commissioning and commissioning, etc. as required.
- Manage the relevant interface(s) with Ineos stakeholders, ensuring the operations function is well-prepared for eventual project ownership, including the timely handover of the agreed Engineering deliverables to support training, operations and maintenance procedure development, Maintenance Management System population, etc.
- Deep knowledge and conversant in the application of the following Standards in particular as applied in Europe:
- API 560 / ISO 13705 - Fired Heaters for General Refinery Services;
- API 535 – Burners for fired heaters;
- API 530 – Calculation of furnace tubes;
- API 537 – Flare Details;
- EN 746 – Industrial thermos-processing equipment.
- Very familiar with development of burner technology and burner management systems;
- Good understanding of the Best Available Techniques (BAT) reference documents (BREFs) according IPPC Directive (2008/1/EC) and Industrial Emission Directive EU 2010/75/EU and impact on current and future operation of Heaters and Furnaces including potential limitations on throughput capacity;
- Cost Evaluation and Basis for Green Field installations;
- Experience with installation and commissioning of Furnace installations;
- Understanding the use of Current Modelling Design software (CFD, PFR, HYSIS, etc.).
- Excellent team player;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong planning and organizing ability;
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented;
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds;
- Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo;
- Good understanding of business drivers and ability to align design philosophies;
- Broad estimating skills and practical understanding of costs (capital, operating, life cycle);
- Willing and flexibility to travel;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
Véronique De Schryver
HR Advisor Project One