Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
Procurement of goods and services on demand of the project, in particular for local activities and site interfaces.
Responsible for the total procurement process (prequalification, RFQ, bid comparison, negotiations, award, expediting, close-out).
Ensure timely supply of all required materials, equipment, spare parts, raw materials and services to operate and maintain the new assets.
Ensure all framework agreements and contracts are in place for Operations and Maintenance.
Back-office procurement and facilitate the P2P process.
Bring best value in TCO to the assets, drive for cost reduction, guarantee supply and optimise working capital.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- Participate in scope definition for equipment, materials and services.
- Challenge demand appropriately and critically review requisitions, specifications and scope.
- Conduct market research and source the market for best opportunities, partners and alternatives which fit for purpose. Identify and recommend new suppliers that can offer commercial and/or technical advantages to INEOS to mitigate risks.
- Screen and evaluate suppliers based on quality, service, reliability, safety, energy performance and efficiency, production and distribution capabilities, availability, solvency, reputation and history.
- Solicit and follow up bid proposals.
- Analyse quotations, prices and commercial conditions and set-up a commercial bid comparison.
- Coordinate the evaluation process and interfaces with other disciplines.
- Lead negotiations to secure best commercial terms in accordance with the technical specifications and (project) requirements to ensure best value for the assets.
- Benchmark prices and commercial conditions to determine competitive price setting.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Ensure on time deliveries by adequate expediting.
- Develop and execute action plans to optimise stock levels in coordination with technical departments and supply warehouse.
- Ensure on time stock replenishment without any shortage to secure supply and business continuity.
- Evaluate and monitor supplier performance.
- Set-up and maintain the preferred vendor list.
- Develop, implement and execute contract (renewal) strategies.
- Lead the contractor qualification process and coordinate HSSE evaluation.
- Negotiate or renegotiate and administer frame agreements and contracts.
- Evaluate and monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Resolve complaints and determine corrective actions in case of defective materials or unacceptable performance.
- Ensure in-depth knowledge of the global, regional and local outline agreements which are in place.
- Engineer, bachelor or master degree in science, business and/or economics;
- Seasoned and experienced technical buyer or contract manager;
- Significant experience in Oil and Gas or (petro)chemical industry.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in technical procurement and contract management;
- Good knowledge of (engineered) equipment, materials and (construction) services in a (petro)chemical production plant;
- Good knowledge of contracting law and legal aspects;
- Relevant market knowledge;
- IT skills: SAP MM, MS Office;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building;
- Excellent business and commercial sense;
- Good analytical skills;
- Strong team player;
- Self-starter able to define and prioritize issues and solve problems;
- Flexible, proactive, punctual and integer;
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge status quo;
- Willing and flexibility to travel.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
HR contact: recruitment.ProjectOne@ineos.com