Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Integrated Program Management Team (IPMT) Risk Manager is to ensure proper identification, evaluation, tracking and counter-acting of all project risks (including black swan risks). The objective is to minimize detrimental effects on the project’s success by countering project positive bias as well as to provide information about the projects overall project risk exposure to allow timely and positive intervention.
This is a wide ranging role which will be able to review and challenge all project processes which present a risk to the success of the project. This includes but is not limited to: steering team; project team meeting; asset team(s) engagement; EPC management meeting; cost control and reforecasts; procurement meetings; construction meetings; completions/pre-commissioning/commissioning; contractor and vendor meetings; agreed a set of reports and KPIs to monitor performance; active performance management of contractors; audit programmes, etc.).
The role will lead and coordinate monthly Project Risk reviews with the project teams and will provide summary reporting about the overall risk exposure development as well as mitigation progress.
In this role, she/he will act as owner for the Project Risk Management database (ARM) and maintain and up to date risk register with meaningful analysis during all times of the project.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- Review any and all project processes, KPIs and functions to identify potential risks to a successful project delivery. Where necessary develop KPIs to manage risk as part of risk reduction plans.
- Agree suitable risk reduction action plans to mitigate identified risks and ensure that the risk reduction plans are implemented successfully.
- Counter natural project bias to unconsciously accept risks by forcing honest conversations in a positive and constructive manner.
- Attend senior project meetings to identify and communicate areas of concern and actions to minimise risk.
- Ensure compliance with INEOS project risk process as defined in IGGN-OPS-SHE-28 Major Project, including the requirements of the risk champion role defined in the IGGN.
- Capture learnings from incidents, unplanned event and near misses and ensure learnings are embedded in risk reduction plans for the other parts of the project.
Pre-FEED Study Role:
- Support the Project One Program teams in identification and evaluation of Project Risks.
- Own the Project One Risk Register in ARM and maintain its integrity.
- Act as the System owner for the Program One Risk Database (ARM).
FEED/EPC Study Role:
- Support the Project One Program Team’s Risk Champions in their effort to keep their risk register updated and well regarded in terms of risk developments.
- Hold monthly reviews with each team to ensure proper risk tracking, risk evaluation as well as early information to leadership in case of risks occurring.
- Ensure that all teams properly analyse their risks, track risk value versus “free contingency” and generate summary reports for the monthly Program Reviews.
- Report risk value on program level and track it versus Program “free contingency”.
- Issue a monthly risk report as part of the Program’s monthly progress report. In this summarize risk values and trends.
- Regularly attend the construction site and fabrication yards to identify, risks with project delivery and agree action mitigation plans with construction and project management.
- Responsibilities generally as above (but now additionally related to working with the EPC Contractor).
- Regularly meet with PDT and respective EPC to identify new or upcoming threats and risk.
- Ensure timely evaluation of upcoming risks and inclusion to the risk register.
- Work with program project control estimator for risk value estimation.
Requires the Following Skills:
- Person must be an experienced senior manager from an operations background and major project management experience;
- Prior experience in risk management for major capital projects;
- Excellent team player, able to effectively facilitate workshops and meetings;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong planning, analytical and organizing ability;
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented;
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds;
- Able to define and prioritize actions;
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities as well as evolving risks to protect or ideally reduce costs and challenge the status quo;
- Good understanding of business drivers and ability to align design philosophies;
- Broad estimating skills and practical understanding of costs (capital, operating, life cycle);
- Willing and flexibility to travel;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Background Work Experience:
- Project Risk Management experience for major projects;
- Familiarity with ARM Risk Management software;
- Major project experience with strong design engineering/procurement background and a broad understanding of multiple disciplines and their interfaces;
- Proven track record of delivering leading SHE performance;
- Experience of supervising work in a Contractor’s Design Office, Module Fabrication Shop;
- Experience of field engineering and/or construction on a major Construction Site.
Specific Role Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering and more than 15 years’ experience in the role of Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting. Operations experience would be a significant advantage;
- Sound knowledge of key disciple areas including:
- Project Risk Management;
- Ideally certified PMP.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
Véronique De Schryver - HR Advisor Project One