Business Context and Job Purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Rotating Equipment Engineer is to ensure that the Rotating Equipment installed on Project One meets National International and INEOS standards and deliver a safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
The role will provide functional support and guidance to the project rotating equipment engineers.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
- Support the Project One Program lead mechanical engineer to develop a clear and concise set of Rotating equipment engineering standards which meet Ineos, National and International standards.
- Responsible for the design, specification, selection, and services relating to rotating machinery including gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors, pumps, and packaged equipment.
- Own the Rotating Equipment Engineering elements of the Project One Standards and approve Deviations and Waviers to the standards throughout the project.
- Work closely with the Project Rotating Equipment Engineers to ensure that all Rotating Equipment Engineering issues are properly resolved in a timely manner, that design changes are managed correctly, and that the facilities comply with all Project one and statutory requirements and Stakeholder expectations.
- Lead audits related to the Rotating Equipment discipline of the contractors and support audits from outside parties.
- Ensure the facilities are designed, built and commissioned in compliance with all relevant statutory and Project One regulations.
- Support the EPC Contractor and vendors to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for equipment, packages and bulk material supply, auditing vendor compliance as required.
- Monitor vendor performance on all Rotating Equipment Engineering matters, ensuring shop technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner, visiting vendor shops as appropriate.
- Support the QA Manager in resolving Rotating Equipment Engineering non-conformances, concession requests, etc.
- Work with the project Rotating equipment engineer to ensure that all module fabrication and construction work, system Completions and Handover, punchlisting, ensuring that all Rotating equipment engineering work satisfies Project One specifications and standards.
- Support precommissioning and commissioning, etc. as required.
- Manage the relevant interface(s) with Ineos stakeholders, ensuring the operations function is well-prepared for eventual project ownership, including the timely handover of the agreed Rotating Equipment Engineering deliverables to support training, operations and maintenance procedure development, Maintenance Management System population, etc.
Requires the following skills:
- Excellent team player;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong planning and organizing ability;
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented;
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds;
- Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo;
- Good understanding of business drivers and ability to align design philosophies;
- Broad estimating skills and practical understanding of costs (capital, operating, life cycle);
- Willing and flexibility to travel;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
Specific Role Requirements:
- A specialist and detailed knowledge of centrifugal, axial and reciprocating compressors, pumps, and steam turbines is essential including field experience in the, performance testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting;
- Good working knowledge of industry standards for mechanical equipment;
- Minimum is a Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline;
- More than 5 years’ practical experience in Engineering role in Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting.
How to Apply
You can submit your application to:
Véronique De Schryver
HR Advisor Project One