Click here to read more about our Sodium BisulfiteRead more
Sulfur dioxide (SO2)
Unlike other manufacturers who produce SO2 using a sulfur burner, INEOS Calabrian's proprietary production process generates ultra-pure on-purpose sulfur dioxide by the reaction of pure oxygen with sulfur. This unique closed-loop design supports a more efficient and environmentally friendly production process.
Both sites offer rail car and truckload deliveries.
- Cyanide destruction and leaching in the mining industry (Manganese, Gold, Cobalt, Iodine, Nickel and Silver)
- Iodine manufacturing
- Dechlorination in municipal wastewater, pulp & paper, power, and textile water treatment plants
- Oxygen scavenger
- Reducing agent
- Used in production of cleaning agents, detergents, and surfactant production
- Lithium battery recycling
- Intermediate to sulfur trioxide (SO3), oleum and sulfuric acid (H2SO4)
|Sulfur dioxide, wt%||99.9 min|
|Non-volatiles, ppm||50 max|
|H2SO4, ppm||25 max|
|Moisture, ppm||100 max|
|Critical pressure||77.7 atm.|
|Specific gravity of liquid at 32°F (water = 1)||1.43|
|Gas at 32°F and 1 atmosphere (air = 1)||2.26|
|Density of gas at 32°F and 1 atmosphere||2.92 kg/m3|
|Viscosity of liquid at 32°F||0.39 centipoise|
Product meets FCC specifications, is Kosher and NSF certified.
Shipped in insulated railcars and tank trucks as a liquid under pressure.