INEOS Oligomers announces a ten percent expansion of its global Polyalphaolefin manufacturing assets
INEOS Oligomers today announced that it had expanded its global production capacity for Polyalphaolefins (PAO) by ten (10) percent. “This capacity addition represents the first phase of a previously announced capital investment program that will ultimately add over 50 thousand metric tons per year of PAO production capacity by 2010” stated Jeff Seed, Operations Director. INEOS Oligomers currently has PAO manufacturing facilities in LaPorte, TX and Feluy, Belgium.
“Our Durasyn® brand and range of PAO products are globally recognized and currently in strong demand. This expansion program emphasizes our commitment to PAO and provides security of supply to our lubricant customers with respect to their future PAO needs” said Joe Walton, Business Director. “This investment both demonstrates INEOS Oligomers’ desire to grow the business and is further evidence of INEOS’ drive to be a leader in the global chemical industry” added Bob Learman, CEO.
INEOS is a global a petrochemical company with close to $40 billion US in annual revenues. The INEOS Oligomers division makes and sells PAO, Linear Alpha Olefins (LAO), Polyisobutylene (PIB), Diisobutylene (DIB) and other specialty C4 and C5 olefin based products.
Further enquires about INEOS Oligomers and its businesses can be directed to:
Kevin Ratliff, LAO/PAO Market Manager - Americas
Phone: + 1 281 535 4261
Jan Vermeersch, Commercial General Manager - Europe
Phone: + 44 (0) 774 763 1244
Notes to Editors
- INEOS is a leading global manufacturer of refined products and basic, intermediate, and specialty chemicals. The Company is made up of multiple decentralized businesses, each with a major chemicals company heritage.
- The INEOS production network spans over 68 manufacturing facilities in Europe, North America, South America, Asia, and Africa. The combined INEOS Group generates more than $40bn in revenues and has more than 15,000 employees. This makes INEOS the third largest independent chemicals company in the world and the largest in the UK, as well as the country’s largest private company.
- INEOS Oligomers makes and sells: Linear Alpha Olefins (LAO), Polyalphaolefins (PAO), Polyisobutylene (PIB), Disiobutylene (DIB) and other specialty C4 and C5 olefin based products. INEOS Oligomers employs some 700 people across sites in the USA, Canada, Belgium, France, and Germany.
- The name Durasyn and the Durasyn logo are trademarks of INEOS USA LLC.
- INEOS is a trademark of INEOS Capital Limited.