Competitive Integrated Assets
Our efficient, integrated assets earn us strong North American market positions.
Sustainability and resource efficiency are two of the core competencies that we share with our sister company in Europe, INEOS Olefins & Polymers Europe. In combination we are a major force in the world of olefins and polymers.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA's products - Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Mixed Butenes, and Crude Benzene - are building blocks for the wide variety of products that our customers manufacture. Our high density polyethylene and polypropylene resins are important components of the global plastics manufacturing industry. Our manufactured high density polyethylene pipe offers light weight, toughness and flexibility not possible with other pipe materials.
Our products are sold and shipped mainly within North America, but we have global presence through our export and distribution partners, with reach into Asia and the Middle East. European sales are handled through our sister company, INEOS Olefins & Polymers Europe.
Our polymer products are used in the manufacture of:
- Automotive parts and containers
- Household and pharmaceutical containers
- Food and beverage containers
- Caps and closures
- Pipe and fittings
- Protective medical fabrics
- Roofing membranes
- Materials handling
- Hygienic products
- Toys and leisure
- Synthetic rubber
- Medical packaging and devices
Manufacturing and sites overview
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA operates from 12 sites in the USA, manufacturing and marketing four main product lines: Olefins, High Density Polyethylene resin, Manufactured Polyethylene Pipe, and Polypropylene resin.
With an annual manufacturing capacity of 9.1 billion pounds of petrochemicals and polyethylene pipe, INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is a major participant in the North American chemical industry. A workforce of over 1700 makes up our employee team. They staff our Marina View headquarters in League City, Texas; our fractionation facility located between the communities of Seminole, Texas, and Hobbs, New Mexico; our major manufacturing plants at La Porte and Alvin, Texas; our West Coast manufacturing facility in Carson, California, and eight pipe extrusion plants located across the US.
Our efficient, integrated assets earn us strong North American market positions. Our facilities are as follows:
- Battleground Manufacturing Complex in La Porte, Texas
- Carson Polypropylene Plant in Carson, California
- Chocolate Bayou Works in Alvin, Texas
- Hobbs Fractionation Complex in Gaines County, Texas
- Marina View Headquarters in League City, Texas
- WL Plastics Headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas
- 8 WL Plastics manufacturing sites throughout the US
Mission, Vision and Values
Our Mission is to create value for our customers, employees and stakeholders by transforming hydrocarbons into basic chemicals, polymers and manufactured polyethylene pipe while building a profitable enterprise for another generation. Our Vision is understandable. We are a company that works safely and operates responsibly, satisfies customers, is a cost and asset leader, grows through performance and maximizes people contributions. Our Values are mutual. As a company, and as individuals, the values we commit to embody are:
- Integrity and honesty
- Accountability to owners, customers, employees and community, and to meet and execute on agreed-upon requirements
- Teamwork in an open, inclusive, respectful and caring environment
- Commitment to take on challenges with an entrepreneurial passion for customers to meet mutual goals
- Personal Excellence through constructive self-improvement