EPS Qatar has selected INEOS Technologies’ EPS process for its new 50kte Expandable Polystyrene project in the Doha region, Qatar
INEOS Technologies is pleased to announce that it has licensed its INEOS EPS process for the manufacture of regular and flame retardant expandable polystyrene to EPS Qatar at a new complex to be built in the Doha region, Qatar.
The 50ktpa INEOS EPS plant will produce a wide range of expandable polystyrene grades to cover all the applications from construction to packaging and serve the growing demand in theGCC region. The plant will feature expansion capabilities to reach 100kta in a second phase.
Peter Williams, CEO of INEOS Technologies, commented: "INEOS Technologies is proud to have been selected by EPS Qatar as its technology partner for the launching of its expandable polystyrene business. The EPS Qatar plant will be the biggest EPS unit in the MENA region”
Ihab El Zahaby, CEO of EPS Qatar, stated: "We are pleased to have selected INEOS Technologies' EPS process as an integral part of our petrochemical project. The INEOS EPS process will provide EPS Qatar with an advanced and robust EPS process with advantaged economics and broad product reach."
For further information please contact:
Pete Grant, INEOS Technologies
Telephone + 41 (0) 21 627 7085
Notes to editors:
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments.
INEOS Technologies' complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:
- Expandable Polystyrene and Polystyrene (general purpose, high impact) technologies
- Innovene PP - gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene S - slurry technology for the production of mono and bi-modal HDPE
- Innovene G -swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE
- BICHLOR - membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls - technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles - technology for the production of Acrylonitrile and Maleic Anhydride