INEOS is to integrate INEOS ABS into its Styrolution business to enhance the standard and specialty ABS offering to its customers in the Americas
- INEOS is to integrate the INEOS ABS into its Styrolution business to promote their products globally with one face to the market
- Project further enhances the growth strategy of both businesses
- INEOS ABS to join Styrolution at its booth during NPE in Orlando, March 23-27, 2015
INEOS’ Styrolution business, the global leader in styrenics and INEOS ABS, the largest fully integrated producer of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) in North America are to bring together their business activities in the Americas. Both are wholly owned INEOS companies.
Customers in the Americas will benefit from the combined strength of the standard and specialty ABS portfolios, as well as other styrenic specialties. In addition, customers will further profit from the polymer expertise Styrolution and INEOS ABS offer in key customer industries, such as automotive and healthcare. This move will not only enrich Styrolution’s standard and specialty ABS offering to customers but it also establishes Styrolution as the clear market leader in ABS in the Americas.
- Becoming one business: As part of the integration, core functions will merge, including marketing, sales, customer service, supply chain, procurement, R&D, human resources and manufacturing. Customers will realize advantages resulting from a combined, market-facing organization under Styrolution, offering a single source to serve their styrenics requirements. Both INEOS businesses will benefit through the transfer of best practices across all functions from within the respective companies. The company aims to implement the integration measures by the end of 2015. Throughout this process, customers can expect consistency in regards to the current products they purchase and the level of service they receive.
- A powerful, combined product offering: Customers of both businesses will benefit from a harmonized offering comprised of the respective portfolios of Styrolution and INEOS ABS. This includes specialty ABS grades and the standard ABS portfolios of both companies, as well as other styrenic specialties. Leveraging Styrolution’s global setup, the new arrangement also opens up new opportunities for customers across the globe to purchase products from Styrolution that INEOS ABS currently produces. Original equipment manufacturers and molders alike will further benefit from the industry-specific polymer expertise both companies offer across automotive, healthcare, household, construction and electronics.
- Alignment with Triple Shift growth strategy: The planned integration also helps to drive two key components of Styrolution’s Triple Shift strategy, namely bolstering the company’s market position in styrenic specialties and standard ABS, as well expanding the company’s position in higher growth customer industries. Triple Shift further calls for a third component, namely the expansion of Styrolution’s global footprint in emerging markets.
- Styrolution and INEOS ABS to exhibit at NPE 2015: Representatives from both Styrolution and INEOS ABS will host visitors at the Styrolution booth during NPE, the international plastics trade show and conference held March 23-27 in Orlando, Florida. Visitors can find Styrolution in the OCCC South Hall, Booth 12085.
Alexander Glück, President Americas, Styrolution: “We are looking forward to a unified market approach with our colleagues at INEOS ABS. The combination of our businesses will better serve customers, who will benefit from the rich product and service offerings of both companies, as well as our collective polymer expertise across key industries. I am also confident this move will open up a host of new growth opportunities for both customers and Styrolution, giving us a chance to show what ‘Driving Success. Together.’ really means.”
Andy Currie, Director, INEOS Capital and Chairman, Styrolution: “Now that Styrolution is a full-fledged member of INEOS, the integration of our two businesses makes perfect sense and presents tremendous opportunities for growth. Together as Styrolution, INEOS offer a one-stop styrenics shop to customers. It is something that no other company can offer on this scale and that is powerful for us and our customers.”
Notes to Editors:
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 15 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 65 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries throughout the world, employing 17000 people. INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Its businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
For further information please visit www.ineos.com.
Styrolution is the leading, global styrenics supplier with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 80 years of experience, Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering the best possible solution, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, toys/sports/leisure, and packaging. In 2014, sales were at 5.4 billion euros. Styrolution employs approximately 3,100 people and operates 15 production sites in nine countries.
For further information please visit www.styrolution.com.
About INEOS ABS
INEOS ABS (USA) is the largest producer of SAN (styrene-acrylonitrile polymers), the second largest producer of ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene polymers), and the leading regional producer of SMA (styrene-maleic anhydride polymers) in North America. It provides a comprehensive portfolio of high quality ABS, SAN and SMA polymers. This broad range of products and properties allows INEOS ABS to provide unique product solutions to meet the specific needs of the customers and markets it serves.
For further information please visit www.ineos-abs.com
Phone: +41 (0) 21 627 7063