INEOS takes action on Coronavirus
- INEOS is enacting a series of ‘social distancing’ measures in order to protect its employees who play a vital role in the production of essential products.
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe, INEOS Chairman says, “Our immediate priorities are to keep our people safe and to keep our plants and businesses running”
INEOS has today announced a series of measures to protect employees and thereby ensure the continued operation of its plants and businesses through the coming weeks and months. As the manufacturer of essential materials that are vital to life, the company is taking immediate action to limit the spread of the virus. These actions include:
- All office-based staff working from home unless in exceptional circumstances
- All employees maintaining a 1-meter rule within offices or plants
- Restricting visits to plants and offices
- Postponing non-essential work on plants
- Cancelling group events
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Chairman of INEOS says, “We take our responsibility as a global manufacturer of essential products to every-day life very seriously, with health and safety our top priority.
“As a result of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic we are taking all necessary steps to ensure that we keep our people safe and keep our plants and our businesses running.
“This includes changes to working patterns for our staff globally, a ban on all non-essential travel, changes to our site cleaning regimes, the postponement of non-essential work at sites and the cancellation or postponement of all events involving groups. These mandatory rules will all be in effect from Monday, 16 March.
“Our responsibility and our focus is to ensure the plants that we run, which produce products essential to everyday life including the healthcare system, remain operational, with the safety of our employees the number one priority.
“We will continue to review the situation and make all necessary adjustments to minimise the impact we have as a global business on the spread of Covid-19, prioritising the health and safety of our staff, while recognising the role we need to play in the production of essential products.”
Richard Longden (INEOS) +41 (0)799 626123
Andrew McLachlan (Media Zoo) +44 (0)7931 377162
Joseph Wade (Media Zoo) +44 (0)7758 074576