SOCAR Polymer has selected INEOS Technologies’ Innovene S HDPE process for its new polyethylene project in Sumgait, Azerbaijan
INEOS Technologies has announced today that it has licensed its Innovene S Process for the manufacture of medium density and high density polyethylene to SOCAR Polymer for their HDPE project in the Chemical Industrial Park located in Sumgait, Azerbaijan.
The Innovene S HDPE plant will produce a wide range of polyethylene grades to serve the growing demand for high performance products.. These grades include commodity grades made from Ziegler and Chrome catalysts as well as speciality grades such as bimodal PE 100 pipe products.
Peter Williams, CEO of INEOS Technologies, commented: "INEOS is very pleased to support the development of the petrochemical industry in Azerbaijan and looks forward to working with SOCAR Polymer to deliver a first class manufacturing asset"
For further information
Pete Grant, INEOS Technologies
Telephone + 41 (0) 21 627 7085
Notes to Editors
INEOS Technologies is a leading developer and licensor of technologies for the global petrochemicals industry. It offers the broadest range of petrochemical technologies on the market today and also supplies catalysts, additives and coatings that our customers require to obtain the best possible performance from their investments.
INEOS Technologies' complete portfolio of leading licensed technologies includes:
- Innovene PP - gas phase technology for the production of polypropylene
- Innovene S - slurry technology for the production of mono and bi-modal HDPE
- Innovene G -swing gas phase technology for the production of LLDPE and HDPE
- BICHLOR - membrane electrolyser technology for chlor alkali production
- Vinyls - technology for the production of EDC, VCM and PVC
- Nitriles - technology for the production of Acrylonitrile and Maleic Anhydride
- Polystyrene – general purpose, high impact and expandable PS technologies