Indopol® Polybutenes | Adhesives
Indopol polybutenes are key components in many pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSA), hot-melt pressure sensitive adhesives (HMPSA) and hot-melt adhesives (HMA). Polybutenes can plasticize, tackify and extend many base elastomers, enhancing many adhesive properties and offering performance improvements over mineral/process oils.
- Good inherent, permanent tackiness.
- Modifies the properties of the adhesive base elastomers, such as tack, softness, bond and cohesive strength, quick stick, peel strength and water resistance.
- Safe for use in skin applications.
- FDA approvals for indirect food contact.
- Can be emulsified for water-based PSAs.
ADVANTAGES - as replacements for process oils
- Contributes more tack and adhesion.
- Improved cold temperature flexibility.
- Improved adhesive color (pure, clear, practically non-toxic polymers).
- Enhanced water resistance.
- Wider range of viscosities offering greater formulation flexibility.
- Very low toxicity.
- Can not be easily extracted from vulcanized elastomers by solvents.
- Labels and tapes (masking, friction, surgical, industrial).
- Food packaging (cups, trays, plates, bags, lid films).
- Disposable soft goods (diapers, feminine and incontinence products).
- Case, carton, and bag seaming, furniture, book binding.
For additional information on Indopol polybutenes or to request samples, email us at email@example.com