Developing Talent at Grangemouth
INEOS and Petroineos begin their search for 2014’s Modern Apprentices
Open Evening, 12th December, INEOS Exhibition Centre, off Powdrake Road
INEOS and Petroineos begin their search for the 2014 intake of Modern Apprentices with an open evening at the site’s Exhibition Centre on Thursday 12th December 2013. The nationally recognised workplace programme is aimed at those wishing to pursue a career in the petrochemical/refining industry, with the opportunity to learn a trade in either a mechanical, process or instrument/electrical discipline.
INEOS’ Modern Apprenticeship Programme is a four-year company-sponsored course delivered in partnership with Forth Valley College which combines practical experience with academic learning and leads to an HNC in an engineering discipline and a Vocational Qualification at Level 3.
David Paterson, Modern Apprenticeship Manager, said, “The Modern Apprenticeship Programme, sponsored by INEOS, is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in engineering to get first class training and to learn a trade. As a company we value the Modern Apprenticeship Programme as a means of developing talent and for providing us with a source of highly skilled technicians.
“At the Open Evening students and their parents/guardians will have the opportunity to meet our current Modern Apprentices, INEOS employees and College representatives and learn about the opportunities the programme offers.”
Notes to editors:
- There are currently 51 Modern Apprentices on the programme.
- This year the 10 apprentices from the ‘class of 2009’ all successfully completed their course and were offered full time roles at INEOS’ Grangemouth site.
- The academic element of the course is delivered by Forth Valley College, with practical, hands-on experience gained at the College as well as on INEOS’ Grangemouth site
- The Modern Apprentices are INEOS-sponsored and employed by Forth Valley College.
- The Modern Apprenticeship Open Evening will take place between 6pm and 9pm on Thursday 12th December at the Exhibition Centre, Gate 3 off Powdrake Road, Grangemouth.
- Petroineos is a joint venture (JV) between INEOS and Petrochina that operates and owns the crude oil refinery at Grangemouth. The JV was formed in July 2011.
- Details of the Grangemouth Survival Plan is available via the site’s internet site: http://ineos.com/en/Sites/Grangemouth/News/Survival-plan-accepted/
For further information contact:
David East, Communications Manager, INEOS, Grangemouth +44 (0) 1324 476948